PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1650229960985.png

Cracking open this can wafts strong vanilla and cocoa topping, a hint of honey and butter-rum deeper still, rich and creamy.

Quite a surprise really, and being a retired "non" commissioned officer, I'm hesitant; as this might be "off limits". I obtained my Bachelor's of Science Degree, and a recent Lt.Col. allowed me the honorary blessing of "Captain" in USSF, so I have that going for me, which is nice. At the very least, I can get a day-pass as a guest.

Nic is happily mild as an aromatic should be. The smoking is cool-ish but a bit moister than usual, requiring a rare re-light mid-through (normally I never have to light but once). As it gets going, rich plumes undulate like Anna Nichole Smith dancing for her one-way-ticket out of the trailer-park sitting right in front of her, excitedly and sweetly trying to keep her rhythm slow for the old codger like Ringo Star's drumming (instead of Lars Ulrich's frantic rabbit-having-a-heart-attack beat).

Burning was a bit un-even, but I blame my clumsy packing of the medium ribbons into my Savinelli Dolomiti 645-KS. Black Cavendish "creamify" the blend for a rich, dessert-like experience of crushed 1970's Butter-Rum Lifesavers over French Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sprinkles. A bit overly sweet but exactly what you want in an aromatic, not unlike CAO's Elieen's Dream and I had to take a double-take there as it's quite similar. Elieen's Dream is more balanced and softer like a hard vanilla candy and this is a goopy-rich mess of aromatic goodness with a liberal splash of rum and maybe even a bit of Kahlua liquor for good measure, probably coming off the hidden Virginia taste. Actual tobacco taste is almost non-existant.

This might be a great first-foray for the beginner pipe smoker in the same way fruity drinks are beginner cocktails who "don't like the taste of alcohol". Rich and pleasing and almost a decadent pleasure that makes me feel like I should have gone to the basement of the Vatican to purchase an "Indulgence" prior. Perfect for the celebration of the Resurrection Easter Sunday that comes off more like an Easter Sundae.

Despite all this, somehow it's not too sweet and is a rich, fulfilling flavor of not-tobacco.

Recommended to aromatic lovers everywhere.