PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Ok,,just experienced my first mild earthquake here in Arkansas..lived here all my life and have never experienced that before. 8O

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
My dad and best friend in Poteau Oklahoma felt it also strange i lived there for years and never felt one.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
:rofl:
Several years ago. I was in the bathroom getting ready for work when an earthquake hit in, I think, VA. We felt the aftershock of it in NE GA. Cyndi and I both thought something exploded.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
5.6 in Ok 45 miles east of Oklahoma City earlier today maybe aftershocks , the other big fault lies to the northwest of you .

terry

Oct 7, 2011
Yeab,,I think the quake was in Oklahoma city..I think I felt an aftershock..weird feeling when your house rocks like you were in a camper.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Here in Washington State, we have a quake that big every few years. We haven't had a big one since I have been on the boat yet.
Exhilarating, aren't they? I hope there was no damage.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
It doesn't happen in GA often, but I have felt one here before, it was quite an experience. I hope any damage you might have had was minimal.

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
When I was a kid we had an earthquake here in Indiana. Unfortunately my mom was driving me to a little league game when it happened so I didn't feel it. I got to the ball park and everyone was freaking out, I lost my chance at feeling an earthquake :evil:

terry

Oct 7, 2011
I think there are several members here who live in Oklahoma...Hope they did not have any damage.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Well, if you've ever had several UH-1 Huey military helicopters fly low over your house, you'd know what a low level Earthquake is like. At least that is what is was similar to here in GA.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
I slept through our last 5.6 here in AK :lol: That last one I remember thinking "whoa, this is kinda big" was the 7.9 quake in 2002 when the Denali Fault ruptured.
Glad all is well for you guys

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
We have them so often down here that i become sort of blaise, is that how it's spelt?

Anyway they can be a shock to the system if you dont know what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.