PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
I'm starting another basket of tobacco and keep running into Early Morning Pipe being out of stock. Im being tongue-in-cheek when i say this, but who's buying up all of the EMP? Its sold out on SPC and Tobacco Pipes. I'm one of those people who don't like to use too many vendors, so while I know other ones have it, I think its odd that a Peterson blend like this one is out of stock. Any ideas? (Snark answers are fine.)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I guess so. SPC usually has sleeves of tobacco, especially with their 25 a day limit. Just saw my other favorite is out of stock there too (MM965.) The panic is real.
Always makes me glad that 17 year old me had enough foresight to see rising costs and start putting back tobacco so that 46 year old me could have enough tobacco to rival a B&M.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a few tins of the Dunhill branded blends to hold me. I always thought they were/are nicely balanced and notably consistent over time, given the variables in sourcing tobacco. I'm shamelessly adaptable, so so long as there are some options, and some burley in the blends, I can probably enjoy what is available. If something is available. Dunhill blends are mostly Virginia based (fair to say?) so the burley is an aside.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Well that's somewhat annoying... I really like EMP and am almost out of the Dunhill stuff, I haven't bought any of the Peterson branded tins yet. I was planning on picking some up soon, but I guess not. Oh well, I guess I'll just get my second favourite, SG Squadron Leader instead....oh wait, can't get that either.

Of course I could go to the local B&Ms, they usually have both in stock, and even have some Dunhill tins still kicking around, but then it's $55/tin.??

Presbyterian is a good blend if you like EMP, and hopefully it won't be a hoarding target.

Reactions: desrtrat68

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I guess you know now, that when it's available, buy a lot of it. Always have more than you smoke. And keep buying it regularly. Then if you find it's not available, you'll still have some to smoke untill it is.

Reactions: Pipelady20

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I'm starting another basket of tobacco and keep running into Early Morning Pipe being out of stock. Im being tongue-in-cheek when i say this, but who's buying up all of the EMP? Its sold out on SPC and Tobacco Pipes. I'm one of those people who don't like to use too many vendors, so while I know other ones have it, I think its odd that a Peterson blend like this one is out of stock. Any ideas? (Snark answers are fine.)
Pipes and Cigars has some in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.