PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
You’re not wrong. Might as well start now, so like you said, when the cellsr is empty you personal stock is resdy to go! We’re noving to a larger dwelling come spring/summer where such an experiment will be realistic. Still, a shame it is coming down to this.

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

I fire off emails to my reps in Parliament regularly, telling them what a disgrace & outrage that they target a stimulant that affects the poor, the depressed & the mentally ill more than any other demographic.
How pipe tobacco does not have the chemicals that are added to cigarettes that is the actual cause of disease.
That surely they must also see ordinary people scrounging cigarette butts in public.

Off course they really couldn't care any less. But, they do care about votes. If enough of us write to the mongrels then things might change.
At least it makes me feel a little better, lol.

I give tobacco seeds to anyone who asks & direct them to the Free Trade Tobacco forum.
Black market tobacco [called chop-chop], despite being crap quality, is huge business here now. What else would one expect?

If enough of us grow our own, combined with the knuckleheads who buy chop-chop, it will affect their tax revenue big time. That's the only thing that could possibly reverse the outrageous contemptible taxes.
It's always been about the money.

Reactions: DIYpiper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Sutliff EMP match is actually quite good though. Much better than the original (stg) imho
Haven't tried the original EMP in a tin.
The Sutliff match is a rather good smoke. I've nearly finished a pound in 6 months.

JimInks rated the Match half a star higher than the original at 3 stars out of 4.

Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Haven't tried the original EMP in a tin.
The Sutliff match is a rather good smoke. I've nearly finished a pound in 6 months.

JimInks rated the Match half a star higher than the original at 3 stars out of 4.
The Match is sweeter and smoother. It has a nice sweet tea note and none of the harshness. I've had a nicely aged (4yrs) tin of dunhill emp open for 6 months and have barely put a dent in it. I really wanted to like it as light to medium English/Balkan is my favorite genre, but it's all around disappointing. I'll eventually finish the tin, but it's tough when so many other blends beg me to smoke them while EMP seems more like homework I need to turn in so I don't fail "English" class. It's a lot of people's go-to light English, so I guess there's just no accounting for taste?‍♂️

Reactions: chopper

DIYpiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2020
Alberta, Canada
The Match is sweeter and smoother. It has a nice sweet tea note and none of the harshness. I've had a nicely aged (4yrs) tin of dunhill emp open for 6 months and have barely put a dent in it. I really wanted to like it as light to medium English/Balkan is my favorite genre, but it's all around disappointing. I'll eventually finish the tin, but it's tough when so many other blends beg me to smoke them while EMP seems more like homework I need to turn in so I don't fail "English" class. It's a lot of people's go-to light English, so I guess there's just no accounting for taste?‍♂️
(Scribbling down “Sutliff EMP Match...”)

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I think they recently changed the name to just "Match Early Morning" or "Match Sunrise"
Yes. Match Sunrise.

When my pound arrived from www.tobaccopipes.com I had been struggling with a Winter virus & had woken up grumpy as hell.

When I saw the Match Sunrise sticker I fired off a rather terse email to Ben saying that I'd be ever so grateful if he let me know before substituting ......... oops, hahaha.
Ben is a great bloke who sent me a very nice reply, explaining quite patiently that Match Sunrise IS EMP Match.

Not only is Ben & his team very helpful, they've got a great range of baccy, good prices & excellent after sales service at TobaccoPipes.
I highly recommend. Tell Ben that Paul from Oz sent ya.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.