PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Regarding Dunhill's 120 shape, was it available across the Group Sizing chart, or just as a Group 4? The reason I ask is that I've only ever seen Group 4's, either on display or for sale, which isn't often.
I understand that the LC was it's "big brother", so to speak, but I haven't seen any other sizes to confirm.

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Regarding Dunhill's 120 shape, was it available across the Group Sizing chart, or just as a Group 4? The reason I ask is that I've only ever seen Group 4's, either on display or for sale, which isn't often.
I understand that the LC was it's "big brother", so to speak, but I haven't seen any other sizes to confirm.
I have one in shell group 6

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
So this kind of prompts me to ask.
Currently, the 120 shape is now designated 102. When was the 120 stopped?
I don't find any info from PipePhil, or Pipedia.

So this kind of prompts me to ask.
Currently, the 120 shape is now designated 102. When was the 120 stopped?
I don't find any info from PipePhil, or Pipedia.
Probably I was wrong, mine is clearly a 102. Anyway it's difficult to find differences between this to shapes.
On the other hand, the group system has changed, with the pipes being generally larger today than in the more classic period, or so I think. I have a group 4 Thanshell which is bigger than a group 5 Bruyere that I also have.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Probably I was wrong, mine is clearly a 102. Anyway it's difficult to find differences between this to shapes.
On the other hand, the group system has changed, with the pipes being generally larger today than in the more classic period, or so I think. I have a group 4 Thanshell which is bigger than a group 5 Bruyere that I also have.
Yeah, this is what I was trying to pin down.
In my opinion, I think the 120 was stopped. The re-iteration of it is the 102, in all/most group sizing. Let's not forget, Dunhill's of old were way more sleeker and less robust to what they are today.

Reactions: Alejo R.