Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
So, they are reintroducing some of the Dunhill blends under the Peterson moniker.
Credit to James Foster for sending this over. Pardon me if it's already been posted. I couldn't find it.
Click for the image, then blow it up to read.
http://pipesmagazine.com/dunhill.jpg
MUST.
NOT.
HAVE.
ANYTHING.
RELATED.
TO.
SMOKING.
WITH.
DUNHILL.
NAME.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Durbar would literally by the only one I cared about. Figures.
And Peterson isn't making the Signature Flake anymore either.
They must hate me.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yup. That jibes with what I'd heard was coming.
Who cares if there's a different name on the label. It wasn't about smoking something associated with Dunhill, right? It was about liking these particular blends and now they're back from the same maker making their same blends formerly known as Dunhill and now renamed Peterson.

Reactions: cortezattic

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Agree "sablebrush52"...Bring it out and let's start smoking!!! I am sure we shall see Dunhill and Peterson Tins side by side to compare the tobacco.

Mar 1, 2014
You’d think places like China would still be a booming market for Dunhill as a Tobacco company. Their loss.

I guess trying to cater to high class western markets means they can’t sneak anything past the lynch mob at their front door.
And as far as the blends themselves go, I love the cut and burning characteristics of Dunhill blends and will probably keep these on my short list as long as they’re in production.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Well it says they are using original recipes. I'll be interested to read reviews from members here. In the meantime I'm smoking a lot of HU.

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
I had been hoping for London mixture, but I guess I'll have to settle for nightcap. Great to see these blends making a comeback.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Well, I wish them luck but when you look at the track record of companies introducing a line of tobacco from another company I don't have much hope.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I wonder what "STG is reintroducing the variants using original recipes" indicates. I understand what Warren is getting at as far as sourcing tobacco, but I"m puzzled by the ambiguity of the sentence. If they had written "using THE original recipes" I'd know what they were communicating. Does "original" mean first and earliest, or does it mean inventive and unique?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
With the newly modified legislation are these going to be categorized as new blends and be victim to the May 11th deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.