Dunhill Rollagas Christmas Present: Where To Service?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Radice Pipes
36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
2 Fresh Kent Rasmussen Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
My wife found me a Dunhill Rollagas 18k for Christmas, without me ever asking for it or anything pipe related. She just knows I like Dunhill and thought it would be a unique present. Very thoughtful of her.

Here’s the thing: The seller used photos of it he probably found on the internet. In the photos it has the Dunhill box and paperwork. It is also a slightly different lighter in the photos: It says “SWISS MADE” on the lighter in the photos, but the one I got says MADE IN SWITZERLAND.

Two questions:
-Does this look authentic? If so, does anyone know the era?
-Where can I get it serviced if need be? Is there a type of store I could take it, or anywhere I could send it to get it serviced? (The gas port looks rough, but maybe it just needs a cleaning.)

Cheers

00A020F4-9390-4C08-89C8-1688A9E70193.jpeg

42CA559E-54DA-4360-8794-16DD09F55335.jpeg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Nothing about it strikes me as unauthentic. As far as "Swiss Made" vs "Made In Switzerland" is concerned I believe it's likely a when it was made issue not an inauthentic issue.

For service you can purchase a kit on ebay and try it yourself or send it in. I send mine in to one of the same vendors on ebay that sells the kits.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Nice! I collect Rollagas pipe lighters and got another Rollagas Long Boy for Christmas! Check out The Dunhill Rollagas group on Facebook. There are guides to dating them as well as people to send them to for service. I really enjoy this group!

ARS in Hendersonville NC is the official repair place but they are very expensive and no longer have the pipe flame part.
It would have hallmarks if it were 18k.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I know if I owned one of those it would get stolen. And worst part probably by a five year old pyromaniac. Though really pretty lighter. Does actually feel classy. Weirdly the promotional materials and seller pictures never show that side of it. Those just make it look like an expensive joke, where in hand it looks classy and handsome.