PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hymnchimney

Might Stick Around
Feb 18, 2020
Morganton, NC
I just tried a bowl of two year aged Dunhill Ready Rubbed. My first thought was that it has a nice earthy flavor that almost makes me think of cedar wood. I'm assuming that's the orientals present. It smokes easy and burns fairly quickly with a nice white ash. It was easy to smoke all the way to the end, and I only got tongue bite when I puffed too fast. I definitely plan to pick up a couple more tins of this while it's available and age a couple. Were it not for it being discontinued, I could see it being a great every day smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a tin of Dunhill Durbar I received for Christmas, another discontinued Dunhill blend, and I have it lined up to open next. I'm not a unicorn blend chaser, but when you have something a little off the road, it is fun to crow about it a little.

hymnchimney

Might Stick Around
Feb 18, 2020
Morganton, NC
I have a tin of Dunhill Durbar I received for Christmas, another discontinued Dunhill blend, and I have it lined up to open next. I'm not a unicorn blend chaser, but when you have something a little off the road, it is fun to crow about it a little.
Indeed! I've got a tin I found of Dunhill MyMixture BB1938 that I'm pretty excited to dip into once my open tins dwindle some. I've heard it lovingly compared to Peterson's EMP, which is my among my favorites so far, and which I hope to one day try the Dunhill version of.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Picked up a tub of Ready Rubbed as well as a tin of 3 Year Matured Virginia from P&C recently but have both tucked away in the cellar to age a bit. Glad to see the 3 Year make a return as it seems to get positive feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.