Dunhill Pipe Making- The Beginnings From The Smokers Pipeline 1987 Vol 4 Number Six

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
By a mere coincidence I happen to be reading Our Family Business (Mary Dunhill) and it seems to me that some passages from this article rather resemble some from the book. It seems in particular that some of the language regarding the 1919 fire is quite similar.

terry292

Lurker
Apr 5, 2017
The Smokers Pipeline was the newsletter of the now defunct Pipe Collectors Club of America (PCCA) in the late 1980s, and possibly into the early 90s. The Old Virginia Tobacco Company (OVTC) of Merrifield, VA, sponsored the club. Robert C. Hamlin was Vice President of OVTC and editor of the newsletter. The PCCA offered tobacco, new and estate pipes by mail, and pipe and tobacco reviews and articles. Hamlin made frequent trips to England and brought back this article which he published. The original author is unknown. I have the newsletter in which the article appeared, and there is no indication of who actually wrote it. It was probably a collaborative effort and finally edited by a member of the Dunhill of London staff. Not much help, I know, but the best I can do at short notice.

Reactions: writingraav
Status
Not open for further replies.