PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishkevin

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
I got a tin in last Thursday, and I am enamored. I am however a bit disappointed with the nicotine content, as what I read lead me to believe it would knock my socks off. That said it still does the job and smokes exceedingly well. Any suggestions on what I should try next from the "British" tobacco? I am already a fan of Peterson's university, flake and 3P's, just want to try some more, particularly some rich in vitamin n with nice pepper! Thanks ladies and Gents

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
Nightcap lost a lot of it's strength, when production went to Orlik. The Murray stuff was really potent. You might have read reviews about the old Nightcap.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Murray's Nightcap knocked me on my ass a few times. I thought it was about University Flake level of nicotine. This is all eight years ago or so, though, so maybe I'd think differently now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think my first tin of Nightcap was definitely the Murry's old style, because it certainly had a n-kick. I recently

was gifted with a new tin, so that will probably not be n-rich. I would steer pipe smokers away from shopping

for nicotine buzz. When it occurs, it's fine, and I rather enjoy it. But it limits enjoyment of that huge variety of

blends available. Thank you for the heads up on the change in Nightcap. Dunhill's My Mixture 965 is one of my

go-to tobacs, but the "n" is relatively subtle.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I remember Night Cap in the early 80's. It was in a round tin with a clay pipe, candle and victorian night cap on the lid. I purchased a tin of it at Inderwicks and smoked my way through it in a few days. I found it rather light and lacking in nicotine rush that I was used to from Irish Twist or N***er Head. Both brands required you to carry a sharp knife to cut the stuff into manageable rolls to rub out for the pipe. The number of times I was asked if my piece of twist was Gold Leb I have lost count off!

mikenac

Lurker
Jan 19, 2014
I second My Mixture 965. I'm also a big fan of Low Country Cooper from smokingpiipes.com. In addition, I just opened a tin of Pease Abingdon today, and all I can say is WOW, just WOW.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Punchbowle mixture. I felt I wasted my money on nightcap, punchbowle in my opinion is just a much better tobacco all round. Can't be much arsed with dunhill, I find their tobacco is always a let-down.

irishkevin

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
Thanks Gents, my next order is the Pease Jack knife, and gas light. I agree with not shopping for tobacco solely based off of nicotine content, but I like to use it as a sort of base line. An old favorite of mine is the Peterson Irish Flake, it was everything I was looking for with all the kick I wanted. I also enjoyed the Dunhill light Flake before it became "medium" flake. Before I joined this forum, my only guidance on what tobaccos I might want to try was based off of the smoking pipes.com "people who bought this tend to buy this too"

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Plenty of good suggestions here. If you want something with some good latakia that will give you that hard kick of Nic, check out C&D Montford Point Marine.

Status
Not open for further replies.