PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathoozula

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2013
I was going to buy a lb. of Nightcap in bulk. You guys are saying that I should buy the tins. Whats the difference? It can't be that much difference especially to my newbie pipe smoking palette.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Rich, I'm happy to hear the sale was a huge success. 2,000 tins sold in one day is pretty incredible! I look forward to your next sale.
969 year old pipe smoker and math lover - my understanding is the bulk and tin are the exact same thing but they age differently due to the different aging environments. I imagine if you jar the bulk it will eventually become the exact same thing as aging in the tin.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
my understanding is the bulk and tin are the exact same thing but they age differently due to the different aging environments
In my experience, tinned tobacco has a fairly consistent level of humidity as well as flavor, bulk is not consistent. I've bought bulk 965 that was almost goopy, some that that was dry, some that I swore they forgot to put Lat in...I've never experienced that with tinned version.
The tins are a bit spicier, the bulk tastes more traditionally English

^^this too^^

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Almost bit, 4noggins' shipping is too expensive to Canada

The shipping and peace of mind I get ordering from 4noggins makes the bit of extra money worth it for me.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
The shipping and peace of mind I get ordering from 4noggins makes the bit of extra money worth it for me.
I know what you're saying and I've spoken with someone concerning this. I've never had a problem with 4noggins or with Smokingpipes but the difference in shipping charges combined with a low Canadian dollar and the choice isn't difficult. Almost twice as much, $18 for a small order of four tins, I assume you might rethink this.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
969 year old pipe smoker and math lover - my understanding is the bulk and tin are the exact same thing but they age differently due to the different aging environments.
Possibly including the bags they are shipped in, stored in at the distro, then shipped to you in for a week of grueling UPS/USPS tomfoolery through the arid wastelands and humid backwaters of the world.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I like Nightcap, there's just so many better blends out there. The perique level in NightCap is the only reason I'd go back. I have some C&D Bayou Night on the way, one of those that may replace Nightcap.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I love Bayou Night, but there's nothing that will replace Nightcap for me either. Weird how favorites are like that. I do not think this falls into a better/best comparison, but an expression of personal choice, which is not so much "subjective" as arbitrary, meaning reflecting my own needs and limitations (perhaps).

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Dunhill nightcap is on sale right now again for 7.65 a tin no limit at 4noggins right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.