PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have been enjoying this lovely blend since it was released in the States a few years back. I have smoked many tins, and still have several stashed away.

At this moment, it appears that this is not one of the blends that STG has picked up to release under the Peterson label. This means that, unless things change, I am going to be out before too many years have passed.

I am looking for good alternatives that are fairly readily available.

Suggestions from those who have actually smoked this are greatly appreciated.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
There was a P&C match. There is another blend that hits same spot for me - John Aylesbury British

BTW, its still available.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Why not just buy more of the real thing? It's not too late to stock up a bit more. It's still out there for fairly reasonable prices at different B&M and online. The Briary has it for example, as do several UK shops. http://www.thebriary.com/dunhiltob2.html

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Nice to know that there is a Match blend available. I see it is back-ordered at this moment. Thank you.

I hadn't really gone looking for more - I had made my peace - or so I thought - with the idea it was going to be gone. Then I decided I really did want to look for an alternative, and decided to start with a forum query. :puffy:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Jud - just wanted to second embers' sentiment: when the great RussO decided to devise a Baby's Bottom/BB1938 match, he used the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club as a tasting panel. Unanimously we all preferred his Match to the Dunnie original. It was tastier, smoother, creamier and just plain better.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.