PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Hey, the microphone pipe by Dunhill is still on sale!
This time at $3500.

English Estates Dunhill Microphone (2) (1981) (Unsmoked) | Buy English Estates Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/england/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=270164

It's UNSMOKED, people!
Here are a couple pictures of it being smoked:
Dave-Lee-Travis-First-interview.jpg

1892454.main_image.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Has anyone ever encountered a true Dunhill collector, who bought those custom creations? I'm guessing they weren't the sort to go to a Pipe show, etc.
I know a few who do attend pipes shows, but the sort who would buy this one? Probably not.
Since this is a special edition, given to a celebrated pipe smoker, a collector would want to know who the recepient was. It's not for me at ant price, but I would not be surprised if it was a quick sale at $2300.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
My point was that despite being marketed as "unsmoked", it has clearly been smoked by Dave Lee Travis himself. Not sure if that would increase or decrease the value!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
My point was that despite being marketed as "unsmoked", it has clearly been smoked by Dave Lee Travis himself. Not sure if that would increase or decrease the value!
I think there was a small production run of these pipes. I saw one displayed by a well known (RIP) Dunhill pipe collector at a MAPS Pipe Show years ago.

Reactions: BROBS

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I think there was a small production run of these pipes. I saw one displayed by a well known (RIP) Dunhill pipe collector at a MAPS Pipe Show years ago.
I don't doubt that, Dave, but smokingpipes says Dave Lee Travis was gifted this pipe, and the one they have for sale is number 2, the actual pipe that Dave Lee Travis owned. Therefore, unless he purchased a second pipe from this series after already being gifted one, then this specific pipe is not unsmoked as demonstrated by the photos.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I don't doubt that, Dave, but smokingpipes says Dave Lee Travis was gifted this pipe, and the one they have for sale is number 2, the actual pipe that Dave Lee Travis owned. Therefore, unless he purchased a second pipe from this series after already being gifted one, then this specific pipe is not unsmoked as demonstrated by the photos.

Perry Mason!

H

Hfinn

The microphone is unique)
How about faces?

Patent Od Carved Chamberlain 1939

1939.jpg

Patent Carved Cavalier 1937

1937.jpg