24 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Thanks @Rpink53 , completely agree with your assessment of BST in general and his LC shapes in particular. Here is mine, I took this photo when I was smoking it last night:

View attachment 151674

Its nearly 7” from button to chin, 2.5” high, with a 0.875” x 2.25” chamber. It’s drilled entirely conventionally, no ramping and no curved bits. Passes a long cleaner without any trouble at all. It’s one of my very favorite pipes.
A beautiful example. But, for me, the stem appears to be too thick and the end doesn't quite follow the original LC.
The bowl shape & grain, however is magnificent!
Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: tfdickson
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Just to re-cap and take a step back. I am not a huge fan of full, 3/4 bent pipes. I did have a Peterson system calabash, which I gave to my Korean nephew, loved that pipe, so comfortable to smoke. Aesthetically, i prefer 1/8-1/4 bents, that's about it.
So now, having looked further into the LC, I'm kind a' digging it. I guess it screams Dunhill. I don't know, I guess there's no accounting for taste!
Oh, BTW. I bought a Dunhill ODA 840 from Al Pascia the other day.
Ha! maybe I'm switching to bents, after all.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So now, having looked further into the LC, I'm kind a' digging it. I guess it screams Dunhill.
Actually, it should scream Genod, since their swans neck was the inspiration for the LC. I own a classic late 19th/early 20th century swans neck from St. Claude. Perfect execution of the shape, not curved drilled.

It's a lovely shape.

• Love
Reactions: Honkytonk Man
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Actually, it should scream Genod, since their swans neck was the inspiration for the LC. I own a classic late 19th/early 20th century swans neck from St. Claude. Perfect execution of the shape, not curved drilled.

It's a lovely shape.
You're right, Sablebrush, it should scream Genod. At the time of production, Dunhill didn't have the technology for curved drilling. From what I've read, In later years Dunhill sent all the briar blocks, destined to be LC shapes, to France for drilling.

Rpink53

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
I thought of this thread when this pipe posted. The curve is a bit too extreme to identify as an LC copy, however it is certainly using curved drilling.

• Love
Reactions: Honkytonk Man