3 Fresh Doctor's Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Right. Most of you know, I like Dunhill pipes.
I like large Dunhill pipes, however in the morning I smoke a G4 bulldog, evening time, I switch up to G6. Anyways, all that aside. I’ve been doing some research on the Dunhill LC. Now, I’ve never really been a bent pipe kind’a guy, all but one of my Dunhills are straight.but the LC, for some reason has caught my eye.
I know that they’re as rare as McCleland Christmas Cheer 1993, but! Some frasers/artisans have crafted they’re own take on the LC . My question being.
Do any of you fellow Dunhill fanciers or any of you other pipers have any experience of the Dunhill LC shape copies?

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Rpink53

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Thanks @Rpink53 , completely agree with your assessment of BST in general and his LC shapes in particular. Here is mine, I took this photo when I was smoking it last night:

23D1ECC6-6CFE-4207-8285-A30834566A4E.jpeg

Its nearly 7” from button to chin, 2.5” high, with a 0.875” x 2.25” chamber. It’s drilled entirely conventionally, no ramping and no curved bits. Passes a long cleaner without any trouble at all. It’s one of my very favorite pipes.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Oh Robert Telfer too, and like Max, he's doing curved drilling. My pipes are conventionally drilled. (Edit I suppose it's JUST possible that Max's pipes as shown are a straight drilling.) The original LCs were not, they were curve-drilled in some French factory.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Oh Robert Telfer too, and like Max, he's doing curved drilling. My pipes are conventionally drilled. (Edit I suppose it's JUST possible that Max's pipes as shown are a straight drilling.) The original LCs were not, they were curve-drilled in some French factory.
Yeah, I’m after something as close to the original as possible, curved drilling is what I’m looking for.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.