PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I came accross some three year matured on CI (P&C)'s auction site, bid on them but was thinking the tin looked a lil bit different. Here's the description:

Back in business! 
Just a short ten years ago, Dunhill Three Year Matured ruled the roosts of the aromatic crowd. Unfortunately, it went the way of the Dodo bird... but fret no more! Today, Dunhill Three Year Matured is back again using the original recipe that so many Dunhill lovers enjoyed. Topped with a light fruit essence to add a sweet flavor, Dunhill Three Year Matured featured red Virginias and Orientals in true British, aromatic fashion.
What the crap? Their still selling off the last of the old blends. So far it looks like 3 yr is the only one resurrected and for sale so far. Curious what y'all think and if this is really true..

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Or maybe they just aren't selling enough $700 bowling ball bags and decided they better get back into tobacco.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
You can still find a few blends available. Three Year Matured, Standard Mixture, BB1938, and Ready Rubbed.

Add London Mixture and Dunhill Ye Olde Signe....Which I just order 10 Tins of Ye Olde Signe.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
That sounds like a probable explanation.Ok if I win the auction I shall check and report back.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Ah, between codger blends and C&D I have all the burley blends I could ever want. Also waiting to crack a tin of two yr aged Wessex burley slice.. The only blend I wished I tried is Royal Yacht..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They couldn't sell the brand, the blending business, nor the licensing. I'm still skeptical, but I'm not hearing any rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.