PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I bought 2 aged tins of Dunhill Aromatic a few years back but only got to opening one yesterday, still sealed well and retained moisture. I was wonderng the age, the advert inside mentions the Duke St store but could not find a date when that closed. My guess is that that this tin is from the 1980s?

IMG_0323.JPGIMG_0324.JPG

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure of the age, but I will say that I’ve always wanted to mail in one of those old rebates or special offers that I find inside old packages and magazines to the address, and see what happens. (I understand that this isn’t a mail-in offer, but it reminded me of them.) Cool find, by the way.

Last edited:

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
That is definitely old. The printed tin (rather than just a big sticker), the royal warrant stamp, and the dunhill font all tell us that. I’m just not sure how old though.

But on to the most important part: how does it smoke?

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I was surpised at how good the condition was to be honest. For an aromatic it did not have a stong smell but that is to be expected after such a long sleep.

It smoked nicely but again the aromatic part was in the background and the base tobacco was the main flavor.

I love the tin art and the fact it is printed on. I also have an empty Ye Olde Signe tin from the same time period, printed and with tin great art, both in my tin collection now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.