PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Always love it when Ford has Wayne smoking. An old favorite is on and he's switching between cobs and briars. I won't spoil it for those too young to know which movie. You kids will just have to hunt for it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I saw the title, and I was wondering if there was gonna be a pic of this fella with a cob - didn't seem to fit. :D
th

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Ah, it can only be She Wore a Yellow Ribbon with Ben Johnson as Sgt Tyree, one of my favorite characters. John Wayne ain't bad either.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I watched that series on Netlix called, "Five Came Back". It's about John Ford, John Houston Frank Cappra and other directors who joined the armed forces to record WWII for posterity, provide training films and propaganda for the masses. I highly recommend it. You will see a lot of pipe smoking in that series.
They cover the sometimes difficult relationship Ford had with Wayne.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Cosmic, I'm not sure we have any members living far enough off the highway system or old enough to under stand your obscure obscure reference. How many would understand cobs and Sears and Roebuck catalogues were often found in the same wee building out back of the house.
PS Mike, I'm at the planning stage.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Tuold, Five Came Back is an extraordinary trilogy, and yes, plenty of pipe smoking.
I'll watch She Wore A Yellow Ribbon tonight. Haven't seen it in a while, so I'm due a good John Eayne movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.