PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I had a hellacious week and may have imbibed in a bit too much if the Canadian Whiskey (you Canucks rock) tonight. I also received a somewhat large payment for some consulting work I did. So I decided to see what was out there in pipe and tobacco land. Now, some of you who have seen an earlier post of mine probably know how this is going to end.
All I have to say is The good people at Cup O Joe's probably like me and I'm looking forward to their fine tobacco.
And I'm also looking forward to my first Dunhill pipe.
I'm sure my wife will be looking forward to new shoes or a new handbag, or both, when she reconciles the bank account.
I should probably go to bed now. If i stay up any longer I'll end up with a Rad Davis and she'll be getting a new car. Goodnight all, you are a fine group of folks and this is a great site, my enjoyment of this hobby has reached great heights from what you all teach me.

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
Awesome! :rofl: My wife knows when I want something pipe (or book) wise, because I start hinting that she should buy herself a new purse or shoes. This could be a great thread...especially if whiskey is involved. :D

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Great post--alcohol +PAD and TAD--a dangerous, perhaps expensive, yet wonderful combination! Enjoy your tobacco and first Dunhill! (But, you might want to find a way to be out of town when your wife reads the bank statement)

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Samuel Adams was telling me last night that I should visit SP more often...my only saving grace was that I fell asleep before I could do any damage. He is a very persuasive man lol...summer ale is tasty.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Lol Dread. It seems my entire Visa bill this month is SmokingPipes and the liquor store. If you have not tried Alberta Premium Dark Horse Whiskey. Im a scotch drinker myself but this one nice flavor and packs a good punch.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Whiskey and internet access is only slightly less dangerous than whiskey and car keys.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Hope you feel as excited in the morning - if so, that's a good sign. Congratulations on your first Dunhill!

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Great post! I can empathise dread. Late one evening at the peak of my PAD, and after far too much wine, I made the mistake of going on eBay. I put down and confirmed a bid for a very nice pipe. I thought I had bid £200 but inadvertently I had added an extra "0" - £2000!!! Luckily my savvy son was there and knew how to retract the bid. I put in the right amount and apologised to the seller for the error.
I didn't get the pipe, so I went on "mysmokingshop" website and ordered enough tobacco for a year - thus starting my TAD!
I had to bribe my son to stay Schtum.
I no longer drink and web browse!

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I used to sell diamond rings, and stay up late for buying sprees. Unfortunately many of those rings were bought between the period of taking my sleeping medication and going to bed.
When they arrived my OH used to ask if that was another Zopiclone purchase :)

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Zopiclone can cause memory problems reborn (trust me I'm a doctor!), so maybe you should have denied all knowledge of any such purchases to your other half!!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Glad to know it's not just me who has mixed alcohol and on-line TAD/PAD. I have done this on more than one occasion. Usually, however, I just window shop, fill a cart, and the close down. But on occasion I pull than drunken TAD/PAD trigger...

bigbellypapy

Lurker
Aug 24, 2013
I my self have in a drunken state payed to much for a few things on the World Wide Web. We're only human!

Status
Not open for further replies.