PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I recently clicked my way through the Drucquer & Sons blends at an online retailer to see what they're about, and I may go back to compare Inns of Court with the others. This review isn't a rave notice, but sometimes blends that aren't exciting the first few rounds evolve into more over time. One of these D&S blends could be one of those for me, perhaps. There's a bit of arrogance in the fact that you can't sample these in smaller quantities. It's a choice of two larger tins, so a D&S order from me may tend to get shouldered over by blends more amenable to sampling in smaller quantities.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I agree with the review overall and in particular Kyle's conclusion that "It’s a really good old-school style smoke". That's exactly what it is. While not an OTC codger blend, it's in the style of best revisionist codger blends, and similar to the types of burley blends that Bob Runowski used to create. To my mind that's a very good thing.

Like mso489, I'd been put off to Druquer & Sons blends because of the tin size and the price, but one thing's for sure, after you've worked your way through one of their 100g tins you definitely have a feel for the blend. In my case I really came to love Inns of Court after my first tin. I'd say anyone who has enjoyed Runowski's C&D blends would likely take to Inns of Court just as readily.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
Nice review... I've recently been smoking this mixture after opening a tin from 2018. Normally a Virginia smoker that ventures into other things occasionally. I cant testify as to the "old school" nature of this blend as to me basically everything has been done before and is just reimagined today. Albeit this blend is a very nice to my palate. Toasty, spicy, tart, sweet slightly smokey flacors give way to a singular taste that delicately morphs into a nuanced smoke. Not always the smoothest blend, but when it gels it is sublime. I think the Virginia backbone keeps me happy and the other true flavors dance over it. Agreed that in a smaller wide bowled pipe flavors pop. Simple, refined (in a manly way), and pure. Let's just say after sampling this 100g tin I ordered a 200g, then through association Trafalgar (which is equally delicious), Red Lions and The Devils Own (yet to try). Got a couple of tins of Blairgowrie sitting in the cellar...should be innocent vices. Happy smoking

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I have tryed Prince's blend and inns of court. Both were good blends that i enjoyed. They didnt immediately jump out at me or wow me. After puffing a few bowls I found myself really enjoying the flavors. I liked prince's blends very mild english with a nice sweetness the best of the two blends. But im not a big fan of latakia.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
Im forever adding this to my cart and deleting it last minute, I really like the can design which makes no difference to the taste
I'm in the same boat. I really want to try a half dozen of them, but delete them last-minute because I also don't want to blow $120+ to try a half dozen of them when some other shiny object gets my attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.