PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
A lot of these sold at what I thought were about the right prices, but some went well below wholesale.
Not sure what wholesale prices mean, but I think high quality pipe prices are very strong and increasing. I bid on 105 lots, won 4 , out of curiosity what did you think went cheap ?

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
But what pipes they are!

I got 2 Knets and that's it. I had to drive home from Prescott and couldn't bid and drive.
I love Knets pipes…met him nice guy . I bid and drive all the time, bid and go they TSA no problem , I expect more of you Shanez. You are a pipe collector addict like myself , I know

Reactions: shanez

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I love Knets pipes…met him nice guy . I bid and drive all the time, bid and go they TSA no problem , I expect more of you Shanez. You are a pipe collector addict like myself , I know
I wanted to get Lot #7 (Knets) but by the time I realized the auction was occurring they were on lot 23.

There were a bunch of Kitahara & Arita pipes (loved the shapes on some of these) I wanted to bid on but ultimately I was busy with family and then preoccupied with not dying in a fiery crash. Oh well, there will be other pipes.

On the plus side I found a really good deal on some Jura 21 year old Scotch that I can get with the budget I didn't spend on pipes.

Reactions: sandollars

ron123

Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
By wholesale, I mean the price a retailer would look to pay. Off the top of my head, I think the Bangs went cheap, as well as the Todd Johnson Phalanx Q and the Parks 7 day set. Probably the Ashton’s, too…there were others that escape me at the moment. I think a big retailer like smokingpipes would ask for more on the Ivarsson’s and Gotoh’s too. Not to say that these went cheap, but rather very fair. If Rodrigo bought a bunch of pipes at this auction, and I do not know that he did, but if he did, he wouldn’t have paid more than he thought he could resell them for.