PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
A big shout out to dreamingpipes.com! Peter and his team went above and beyond to fulfill my needs. After a failed order on their site, I asked Pete if he could get me 10 Wessex Gold Brick and 10 Wessex Campaign. He said that he would do his best, but made no promises. Well, after six months had passed, I had forgotten all about my request and to my surprise, I received an email stating that my order was ready for payment! Here’s the mail call:
D8AD4225-CB8A-4380-A894-FF1DB0743FDD.jpeg
10 Wessex Gold Brick on top and 10 Campaign below. That, my friends is service! Give Dreaming Pipes a try, if you haven’t already.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I was scanning the Dreaming Pipes website today. It seems to me that much of their business goes to China. It looks like they've created a "system" for dealing with sales of Esoterica pipe tobaccos----the DP Rewards system.

A buyer gets one DP Rewards point per US Dollar spent. For access to purchase a tin of Esoterica you need 1,899 DP Rewards points; an 8oz bags, you will need 5,499 DP Rewards.

A $5499 price of admission to purchase a single bag of Esoterica per year. Yowza.

• Wow
Reactions: didimauw

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I was scanning the Dreaming Pipes website today. It seems to me that much of their business goes to China. It looks like they've created a "system" for dealing with sales of Esoterica pipe tobaccos----the DP Rewards system.

A buyer gets one DP Rewards point per US Dollar spent. For access to purchase a tin of Esoterica you need 1,899 DP Rewards points; an 8oz bags, you will need 5,499 DP Rewards.

A $5499 price of admission to purchase a single bag of Esoterica per year. Yowza.
Carter.....

Hall.....

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK

Let them have it, I say. One of the online chains here in the UK has ‘bumped’ the price of Germains up 30% or more, knowing full well the Chinese will buy it all up in minutes.

Saddest part about the ‘frenzy’ for Germains/Esoterica is (I think) the bad reflection on Germains themselves. They’re not doing anything different than they’ve ever done before, small company & small output. They’re not the one’s profiteering from all the hoopla over their blends.
I’m only surprised the Chinese haven’t already come up with a ‘copycat’ blender of their own by now. It’s only a matter of time, I’m sure.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I’m only surprised the Chinese haven’t already come up with a ‘copycat’ blender of their own by now. It’s only a matter of time, I’m sure.
It's all cachet isn't it. They could sell the name to Sutliff and the Chinese would still buy it while it remains a status symbol. China can stick to their gourmet teas and leave the tobacco blending to the experts I say ;) .

Reactions: simong

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
It's all cachet isn't it. They could sell the name to Sutliff and the Chinese would still buy it while it remains a status symbol. China can stick to their gourmet teas and leave the tobacco blending to the experts I say ;) .
Ojala! We can but hope. Lol

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA

It's 2023, you gotta create a proprietary crypto coin for that sort of thing if you want people to be interested!