Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Many thanks to Ryan - Lonestar for taking the time several months ago to modify my Dracula 999 for me. Since Peterson did not offer this model blasted, there was only one way to get it...make it. I just got done (finally) staining it and hitting it with the buffer. IMHO it turned out pretty well. We didn't think there would be a real nice grain from the start so the end product is just what we thought it would be.
Before Lonestar got the pipe.

dracula-999-600x339.jpg

After I got it back and stained it.

dracula-999-2-600x339.jpg

dracula-999-3-600x339.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What an improvement! :clap: I love blasts, and yours sports some beautiful ring grain. Good job!

Maybe you should send some pix to Peterson 8O

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Great job!!! But they do have them in the sandblast 999...harder to find and sell even quicker. I picked one up from cup o joes last month. I often thought it would be cool if they would do a whole monster series. frank,wolfman,mummy...would be very cool.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is a real improvement. I have a 999 in a different finish, and I like it, but somehow the smooth

black in this style with the red stem looks like an auto part or plumbing fixture. Whereas the blast

version is fine looking. Good job.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Besides being a much more beautiful pipe, it sure took guts to do that to a brand new Peterson. I would have admired that even if it had come out butt ugly, but now you have a unique and gorgeous pipe. Great job.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Great job!!! But they do have them in the sandblast 999
I have seen several Peterson 999's for sale but I have never seen a "Dracula" 999 for sale nor even a picture of one. After over a year of looking & asking without luck, I figured this was the only way to go. EDIT: Just did a web search and finally saw my first picture of one.
Besides being a much more beautiful pipe, it sure took guts to do that to a brand new Peterson

It was a hard pill to swallow. That's why I had Lonestar do it without holding him responsible if I didn't like the outcome.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I never did care for pipes with a glossy black finish (Dunhill Dress, etc.) I wondered if a smooth pipe could be blasted. They sure can!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
That looks fantastic! I have a smooth 03 Dracula and I wish I had it blasted. I bought it because of the stem. Man, now I want it blasted.
dracula1-600x448.jpg

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
You guys have opposite tastes to me, I have a Dracula 87 smooth and an 03 blasted. I regret choosing the blasted and prefer the elegant look of the smooth ebony finish instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.