PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Chamber looks good. If you're really unhappy you could use a bit of sand paper wrapped to a sharpie or something but judging by the photo, I wouldn't.
As for the smell, how bad is it? Keep in mind that this is a used pipe and will not smell like new.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I think you did a great job. If the pipe was mine, I would leave the nicks on the rim and just smoke it. I wouldn't want to mess with trying to match the green paint...I'd probably make it worse.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just the cheering section here, but the color finish on the pipe, given its level of use, is really outstanding. A touch up would be all it needs, and that isn't essential. Sometimes a little wear looks good. You were right to go easy with reaming. Overzealous reaming can kill a pipe. Handsome little devil it is.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Hmmm only one way to find out I guess. The idea is that as the grounds dry, they absorb all the funky smells.

Sometimes coffee shops will give out their grounds for people to use in composting, I'm sure they could give you a small Ziploc full if you ask.

Alright. I bought some kcups for coffee and have coffee grounds now. Just put the damp grounds in the chamber and let them sit for a day or two?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Alright. I bought some kcups for coffee and have coffee grounds now. Just put the damp grounds in the chamber and let them sit for a day or two?

Exactly, nothing more than that. As the grounds dry up, they soak up nasty smells in the briar as well. After a few days rinse the pipe out and let dry. You will see what a difference it makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.