PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
So after some very helpful advice from gmwolford I decided to try some new techniques on a Dr. Grabow that I picked up with some other estates. He helped me out with the process of getting a factory new (or better) shine on old estates. I still need to shine up the stem better and give it the salt and alcohol treatment, but this is what some buffer time gets you. Thanks again gmwolford!

Before

image-8_zpsa4c6baeb.jpg

After

image-8_zpsd1b6c484.jpg

image-8_zps8ce1ddcd.jpg

image-8_zpsb9b2c8ff.jpg

For some reason my photobucket resizes and rotation didn't stick.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
nice Dr. G. I have a few myself. I love the shape of that one! Hope she smokes well, and long for ya!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Fairly rare shape( 81) for a Riviera. Rubber stem means it's probably pre 1981.Popular shape among DG collectors.Good score!

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks guys! It's in pretty decent shape now that it's all cleaned up. The only issue is the draft hole is about 1/4" from the bottom of the bowl and its off to one side a bit. Are there any threads that tell you how to bring the bottom of a bowl up? I searched and didn't come up with anything but I know I have read about it before.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Rosney:
Greg is becoming a resurrection expert and you took his advice well. That's a lovely job, friend. Well done.
I've got a similarly shaped DG Berwyck coupon pipe that's an astonishingly superb burner. I hope yours smokes as well.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.