PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings all,
Just found this clip on another forum site. Seems the Dr. Grabow pipe factory made the news.
http://myfox8.com/2012/03/21/made-in-nc-dr-grabow/
Interesting video and nothing negative. For a change.
CACooper

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Nice Pipe Mfg Video.
Keeping employees for 50 years...Now that really says something about this American Company !!!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Wow thanks for the great link. I have looked over Dr. Grabows for so long. That made me want to go out and buy one.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Great video and thanks for sharing.I love my Grabow's and can't wait to tour the facility this winter if possible

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
As a Grabow freak it was nice to see them in the news. I saw this video a while back,when it was posted at the DGCF.

It would be nice though to see the company make some changes and improvements. I'd like to see them selling pipes via their website and and other online venues, and do some advertising--PM would be a good place to start! Although the way the pipes are made hasn't changed much it seems to me that the newer pipes are just not as well finished as pipes made back 20-40 years ago.They need more shapes and finishes,finishes like the "wirecarved" Viscounts and Starfires used to have,maybe some sandblasts(yes they used to make some). They also need to make some regular ol' push stem non-filter pipes.And put the beads back on the bulldogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.