PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not my usual chatty old self. Vacationing from pipes for a few days while I get over this bug. Beaucoup liquids, vitamin C, Vicks Vaporup, and the other usual stuff. Seems like there are lots of bugs around this year. I was feeling very cocky, not having had any. Hope this one clears fairly soon. Now, back to bed. Grumble.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Sorry to hear, and hope you feel better. I like Nyquil, myself. If you're going to be sick, might as well be asleep for it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm up and around, mostly, feeling better, coughing less, all thanks to my wife's ministrations -- hot lemon and honey, great soups, various cold meds, etc. Now to just keep it moving in the right direction. Take care one and all. Better to get down and get over it that have it hang on.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Glad to hear your improving. Colds are most annoying. Good excuse to drink whisky though. For medicinal purposes obviously! I've been trying to shift a heavy cold for over 25 years now, cheers! Good health!

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Funny isn't it ... I am not convinced whisky cures anything ... but after a couple of medicinal doses, you just don't seem to care so much :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ran a few errands yesterday, but still get down from time to time. A productive cough -- gross, but necessary. Thanks for good wishes, good medicine!

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Hoping you are on the tail end of your cold. If all else fails, try this old remedy : mix 1 cup apple cider vinegar (organic and active is best but any works) with 1 tbs cayenne pepper, 2 tsp sea or kosher salt, 1-2 crushed fresh garlic cloves and 1/2 cup boiling water. Jar it up and keep it in fridge. Take 30ml every 1/2hour for 4 hours and then once an hour on first day. Every 2 hours on second. Works a charm for me. I also pound Vitamin C when I take this. And the taste is not all as bad as you might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.