PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
While discussing ember chasing with our lovely forum member chasingembers, we realized that some nice articles written by our forum member Lawrence were lost, I managed to find them using Wayback Machine:
Au0qPaM.jpg

eEn04JN.jpg

WS3nXo4.jpg

KCXDjAq.jpg

tytZPRB.jpg

iXDuq4a.jpg

DHMRa0J.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Everybody hear that? I'm lovely. :mrgreen: Thanks for the retrieval Javan!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Everybody hear that? I'm lovely. :mrgreen: Thanks for the retrieval Javan!
You are welcome, these articles are great indeed. I've been smoking pipes for more than 2 years and yesterday I realized that although I've managed to improve my tasting skills in these 2 years, my other skills (packing and lighting) haven't developed that much. I am still using lots of matches and relights to keep my pipe lit. Hopefully, there articles will reduce the amount of my relights.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I think he likes your mustache. :nana: Thanks for finding these, Javan. I'll be giving them a read later :clap:
:rofl: I've just realized that I used the word 'lovely' instead of 'beloved', haha :rofl: Gentlemen, please be informed that we are both married and have kids.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Gentlemen, please be informed that we are both married and have kids.

:rofl:

think he likes your mustache.

:rofl:

I love the laughs I get from here! :clap:
I realized that although I've managed to improve my tasting skills in these 2 years, my other skills (packing and lighting) haven't developed that much.
I've been smoking pipes for nearly thirty years, and constantly learn new things. When I first started, an older gentleman told me that you can learn how to smoke one in a day, but it would take more than one life time to master.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
From a post I wrote 3 yrs. ago,
Many of you would be interested to know that Lawrence is something of a Renaissance man too. In addition to his contributions to our hobby, especially his erudite blogs, he is also a 3rd? generation Marine, an accomplished musician, biker, teacher, and holds an MBA or comparable advanced degree. So he's been around the block a few times. I tease him something awful, but he knows I hold him in high esteem.

pstlpkr.jpg

He was a mod here for a time, but left suddenly, and not co-incidentally (I think) following the birth of a granddaughter. Cosmic may know the back story, I don't.

entlemen, please be informed that we are both married and have kids.

I didn't realize that you two were married, much less have kids. That's good to know. This is a very accepting forum, for sure. :puffy:
On dottle smoking,.. I've tried it, and with Virginias and VaPers, it really makes for a rich creamy smoke. However, the disgustingness of saving those dottles is not worth the effort, IMO. But, I would highly recommend people to try it at least once or twice. It will give you an idea of how stoved a Virginia can taste, and get even more intense as it stoves further. Worth the try, but not a very practical practice.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No sh**, Sherlock! Damp dottle is gross. But if you dry it overnight on your mantle, it'll make a perfect morning smoke.
[Gagging at the thought.]

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Thanks jvnshr... Lawrence was a good friend that I've lost contact with, I miss him along with a few others that use to be very active here.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I didn't realize that you two were married, much less have kids. That's good to know. This is a very accepting forum, for sure.
I knew that someone (like Cosmic for instance) is going to misinterpret it, so I added "married to 2 lovely ladies", then I thought that someone else (like Cosmic for instance) is going to ask if each of us is married to 2 women and deleted it.
On dottle smoking,.. I've tried it, and with Virginias and VaPers, it really makes for a rich creamy smoke.
Dottle smoking??? What are you talking about Cos?

Status
Not open for further replies.