PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
If I remember correctly the old board had a donation site where one could give a pipe or tobacco to some deserving soul. I haven't been able to find such a site on this new forum. Hopefully I am abiding by all the rules in doing this if not, moderators please let me know how to handle this differently.
I have a Charatan pipe that was essentially a throw-away when I got it. It wasn't exactly described correctly and the usual pictures were not much help. The previous owner was a very bad biter. The end of the stem was bitten with deep teeth marks and a large hole had been eaten away on the underside. The chamber and rim where completely ruined and one could not tell what other delicacies lay hidden within ! Here are the before pics:
Char1.jpg
Char2.jpg
Char3.jpg
Never one to refuse a challenge, I refubed the pipe to the best of it's abilities! Unfortunately the rim has a number of small cracks on the inner surface and there appears to be a superficial crack on the outside of the stummel. I couldn't get all the teeth marks out of the stem but did repair the large hole. The chamber is otherwise OK and the air passages are clear even with the indentations from Mr. Pipes fangs. Here are the after pics:
IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
OK so here's the deal. I would like to donate this CP to a new member, someone who is not a collector or has a number of pipes or someone who just can't afford a pipe at this time. I think it will be a solid smoker but may not hold up well. If you can get by the stem issue it might turn out to be a gem. Any takers can PM me and describe why you might want this poor Charatan. I'll wait 3 days for any volunteers and then select the lucky winner. I'll also pay the postage anywhere in the USA. Thanks for your interest, Hoppes

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
For future reference:

Member Dave Shain goes by "shaintiques" on the forum accepts pipes and tobacco that he will send to veterans and active military. You can send him a PM for his address.

Reactions: danimalia and Bowie

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
If I remember correctly the old board had a donation site where one could give a pipe or tobacco to some deserving soul. I haven't been able to find such a site on this new forum. Hopefully I am abiding by all the rules in doing this if not, moderators please let me know how to handle this differently.
I have a Charatan pipe that was essentially a throw-away when I got it. It wasn't exactly described correctly and the usual pictures were not much help. The previous owner was a very bad biter. The end of the stem was bitten with deep teeth marks and a large hole had been eaten away on the underside. The chamber and rim where completely ruined and one could not tell what other delicacies lay hidden within ! Here are the before pics:
View attachment 23731
View attachment 23732
View attachment 23735
Never one to refuse a challenge, I refubed the pipe to the best of it's abilities! Unfortunately the rim has a number of small cracks on the inner surface and there appears to be a superficial crack on the outside of the stummel. I couldn't get all the teeth marks out of the stem but did repair the large hole. The chamber is otherwise OK and the air passages are clear even with the indentations from Mr. Pipes fangs. Here are the after pics:
View attachment 23737
View attachment 23738
View attachment 23739
View attachment 23740
View attachment 23741
OK so here's the deal. I would like to donate this CP to a new member, someone who is not a collector or has a number of pipes or someone who just can't afford a pipe at this time. I think it will be a solid smoker but may not hold up well. If you can get by the stem issue it might turn out to be a gem. Any takers can PM me and describe why you might want this poor Charatan. I'll wait 3 days for any volunteers and then select the lucky winner. I'll also pay the postage anywhere in the USA. Thanks for your interest, Hoppes
Free to good home!! Any takers? Will go another day. Hoppes

Reactions: danimalia

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
So far only two people had any interest in the Charatan. Since you were the first to respond you get the pipe! Please email me your name and address and I'll get it out to you probably on Monday. Thanks, Hoppes
cjl1942@comcast.net
Pipe donated. Moderator please remove this listing.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.