PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
A few days ago I received this pipe, a Don Carlos Fiammata 3 Note, I bought it from a private collector in Italy. It is unused, this gentleman bought a lot of pipes but smoked very little. It is prior to the year 2000 and from what Bruto Sordini has confirmed to me from 1997/98.

don Carlos 1.jpeg

don Carlos 2.jpeg

don Carlos 3.jpeg

don Carlos 4.jpeg

I decided to ask Bruto for it, if he remembered it, we maintain friendship and we talk by email or whastap.

My surprise was huge when I saw that in his email he told me this:

Screenshot_20210416_123406.jpg

translate:

"Good morning, Gus, the one in the attached photo is the only Don Carlos pipe marked so marked , Flamed 2 notes + one note. Initially I had marked 2 notes, then looking at it better and seeing that it was beautiful I added another one. It has never happened to me to mark in this way again. Today the price of a Don Carlos Fiammata 3 notes is never less than 1000 euros.

If you need anything else, I'm always here.

Regards,

Bruto"

then, I have a unique pipe, with a Don Carlos marking that has never been made again.

the pipe cost me less than a third of what Bruto estimates its current value, not for leess 1000 €, +/- 1200 USD, in other words, I found a fantastic bargain.

Now I'm sad to use it for the first time...

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
A few days ago I received this pipe, a Don Carlos Fiammata 3 Note, I bought it from a private collector in Italy. It is unused, this gentleman bought a lot of pipes but smoked very little. It is prior to the year 2000 and from what Bruto Sordini has confirmed to me from 1997/98.

View attachment 75462

View attachment 75463

View attachment 75464

View attachment 75465

I decided to ask Bruto for it, if he remembered it, we maintain friendship and we talk by email or whastap.

My surprise was huge when I saw that in his email he told me this:

View attachment 75466

translate:

"Good morning, Gus, the one in the attached photo is the only Don Carlos pipe marked so marked , Flamed 2 notes + one note. Initially I had marked 2 notes, then looking at it better and seeing that it was beautiful I added another one. It has never happened to me to mark in this way again. Today the price of a Don Carlos Fiammata 3 notes is never less than 1000 euros.

If you need anything else, I'm always here.

Regards,

Bruto"

then, I have a unique pipe, with a Don Carlos marking that has never been made again.

the pipe cost me less than a third of what Bruto estimates its current value, not for leess 1000 €, +/- 1200 USD, in other words, I found a fantastic bargain.

Now I'm sad to use it for the first time...
Wow! Congratulations on a fantastic find. I hope that you use it in good health and get many amazing smokes from it.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Very nice pipe and price. I have a handful of DC's including 3 Fiammata 1 notes and a Arts et Labor. Wait for a nice quiet Sunday without much going on, good weather, etc., and light up. It will be fun and memorable. Take your time.

Reactions: Gus and ofafeather

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Terrific pipe with a terrific story. Of course preserve the email for history, and provenance on the pipe. Very cool. That's some grain.

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
Woah! I recently bagged a rusticated two note (& every time the doorbell goes I hope), but that beats the he'll out of that. Nice!

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
It arrived! & I'm super-pleased with it - I'm smoking it now & once it's been broken in it's going to be amazing. It has a lovely draw, a very thin bit, & the rustication is amazing (in my head it's my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes pipe - & they are, obviously, the best cerial on earth).
IMG_20210424_122537.jpg

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Magnificent pipe, it is prior to the year 2000, so it is at least 21 years old, the mark on the mouthpiece indicates it, in that year was when I changed it to a Treble Clef the musical note.

The briar he used at that time was Calabres, the best. Enjoy it with a good health
It arrived! & I'm super-pleased with it - I'm smoking it now & once it's been broken in it's going to be amazing. It has a lovely draw, a very thin bit, & the rustication is amazing (in my head it's my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes pipe - & they are, obviously, the best cerial on earth).
View attachment 76763

• Love
Reactions: ofafeather