PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I followed some threads about shipping problems into the U.S. with some people and am wondering if there is domestic shipping delay as well.
I read in the news about some funny business with the Post there, which is why I ask.

I was going to place an order and have it sent to a family member who is coming up to Canada for a visit, but won't do it if shipping is a problem domestically in the U.S. because timing is tight.

I ordered two pipes from the Danish Pipe shop in Denmark. Shipping to Canada was inside of a week for both of them. A considerable distance away from the U.S. and no problems.

I ordered a lighter and a few supplies from a retailer in the U.S. and it has been at the U.S. border for a lot longer than normal now. Pretty sure it's not a problem with the Canadian border, because it's not in the system here yet, which it would be if it crossed the border. Seems like the post in the U.S. is having a moment...

Strange.

I've got a mule to bring across a package for me if shipping internally is still smooth. Any experiences lately?

Reactions: briarbuck

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
That's great. Thanks guys!

Yes, the border is still closed outside of some emergency scenarios as far as I know.

Reactions: hawky454

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
FYI, many curbside post boxes were uprooted (unbolted) and removed without notice. In addition, there were well confirmed reports that functioning high speed mail sorting machines were removed from postal hubs and stations. This all caused an uproar. The current Post Office General is under investigation. In the meantime, some of the post boxes have been returned, but whether by prior plan or because of the uproar it is impossible to say. Despite all this, postal service delivery seems to be steady, although some have noticed more delay than usual. I would say, for now, it is a safe enough bet. The U.S. public depends on postal service for receiving and paying bills, paying property taxes, vehicle property taxes, and other essential business, as well as receiving much online retail merchandise. Hence it is a tripwire for consumer outrage. That may help sustain the postal service as described in the U.S. Constitution. Not everyone is totally online, and many online prefer to use the post for specific business.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
There has been a lot of talk about the Postal Service being slow.. but there has always been that talk. The truth is, I've never lost a single thing in the mail.. and I'd bet I've only ever had 2 or 3 packages show up late.

Fake news.. about the post office has been going around.

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
Thanks for the tips. Only reason I brought it up was because the shipping was normally fast to Canada. I heard they just line up at the border and chuck packages across like footballs.

It still is fast from other countries, just not the United States. Seemed odd, because it was the opposite before.

Got me worried about making a domestic order in case it's not just related to the border somehow. I think I'll chance it and put my mule to work!

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Not sure it would bear on OP's situation, but most of my packages have been 2+ days late for about 2 months now. I often see the van pull up on our block right at quitting time and then just drive off a couple minutes later. I get a notification that they couldn't deliver because they couldn't access the box, and then the package shows up first thing the next morning. That's happened at least 6 times since July. Usually, though, I get a notification that it's delayed en route somewhere and will be arriving late. That's about 2/3 of our packages.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Amazon Prime sure as hell doesn't seem to be having a problem getting swmbo's goodies to her in two days.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I have an International package coming in with the wrong zip code on it. I called USPS and they said it will be sent back.
:(

• Wow
Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Guy-Fawkes-mask.jpg

Reactions: 3rdguy
Status
Not open for further replies.