PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
I’ve been reading a bit recently on the decline of the dollar. Anyone care to speculate how and when a devaluation of the dollar would effect the prices of UK, etc., offerings in the USA?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Same as always IMO - supply and demand. Macro economics probably doesn’t come into it as far as currency valuations any more than it ever has. One possible exception being recession / depression and high unemployment figures might scare people away from large amounts of discretionary spending but then again booze and tobacco products generally outpace other consumer goods in those scenarios historically.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I’ve been reading a bit recently on the decline of the dollar. Anyone care to speculate how and when a devaluation of the dollar would effect the prices of UK, etc., offerings in the USA?
We were in a period where the dollar was pretty high. I’d say it’s getting back to normal. I don’t believe it will have any real effect on pricing.

for a while a dollar was almost equal to the Euro.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
This is a good read.

So from the title of your link (of course I didn't read it) I gather that I should buy as much tobacco as I can. Yeah, that's it...

When the dollar collapses, and civilization comes to a halt I will be living like a post-apocalyptic king smoking my mountain of Embarcadero and using Captain Black Grape as currency.

I'm sure my wife will buy that argument...?

*logs on to smokingpipes*

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I just purchased two pipes from Jose Rubio from Spain. His prices are in Euros. What I had to pay in US dollars had increased a fair amount since my last purchase from. Jose.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.