Does Your Region Have A Particular Delicacy Or Meal Associated With It?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
2 Fresh Kent Rasmussen Pipes
9 Fresh Radice Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
In Chicago, we have pizza made for men by men Chicago Deep Dish Pizza with pizza ingredients, not foofy, Californiay, granola, fruity ingredients. You eat it, you’re full and had the rest in the morning.
948F5D31-AF4B-4BA3-A5F0-BE7E59C24E9D.jpeg

Chicago Vienna Hot Dogs. The best. It makes a Nathan’s taste like McHotdog.
618E2359-9273-4CF3-8D4E-BFBCCFA48EAC.jpeg

We can’t claim create for inventing it it but we do Italian food better than anywhere else in the country.

E7BD7797-2A68-4054-A775-30A713661A1B.jpeg

We have other specialties like the best fresh water lake front and improv comedy , then of course there is the political graft, black on black crime, idiotic politicians, tax mis-spending where we excel but those aren’t food.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Would that be the same as in the song......

"Jambalaya, goldfish pie, file gumbo
" ?"

"Jay it’s Jambalaya, crawfish pie, fie lea gumbo.im a gonna see my Cher amyo."

Sorry guys, that was my attempt at humour. Actually I did for many years believe that was how the song was sung!

Regards,

Jay.?

• Haha
Reactions: Country Bladesmith

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
In Chicago, we have pizza made for men by men Chicago Deep Dish Pizza with pizza ingredients, not foofy, Californiay, granola, fruity ingredients. You eat it, you’re full and had the rest in the morning.
View attachment 36085

Chicago Vienna Hot Dogs. The best. It makes a Nathan’s taste like McHotdog.
View attachment 36086

We can’t claim create for inventing it it but we do Italian food better than anywhere else in the country.

View attachment 36087

We have other specialties like the best fresh water lake front and improv comedy , then of course there is the political graft, black on black crime, idiotic politicians, tax mis-spending where we excel but those aren’t food.
It always amazes me how other parts of the country define a hot dog. We have a pretty specific definition here.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
This is a fun thread.

I don't know that we have any particularly regional cuisines here in the rural / small town Midwest, though I imagine that some of the dishes I take for granted are much more common here than elsewhere and would perhaps qualify as regional. That said, I never feel more quintessentially American than when I'm drinking a cold beer while grilling burgers on a charcoal grill during the summertime. Burgers on the grill remind me of everything that made summer magical when I was a little kid.

Paul lec

Lifer
May 28, 2020
Right now it is Scallop season on Florida's west coast, Citrus County has the longest season,the Homosassa Springs area is where I go. Besides being great fun,all that you need is some snorkeling gear and a mesh bag,it's like an adult Easter egg hunt. Once harvested and cleaned there are a variety of ways to prepare them,I prefer just a light dusting and sautee,delish!!

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I've seen a couple mentions of the NC BBQ but it's so good I'll discuss it again. I actually just went to a pig pickin' last weekend and it was phenomenal. It's hard to beat the low and slow cooking method and basically no matter where you go in the state you'll find some pit master dedicated to the craft and waking up before the sun rises to start the smoker.

It's definitely a down-home feel, the best BBQ joints aren't fancy or high-society type of places. The hole-in-the wall shops serving it on paper plates are often the tastiest BBQ you'll ever find. There aren't any shortcuts to good BBQ and the traditional methods are still used all across the state to make some of the tastiest meals you could ever hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.