Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Sorry guys.

I had to delete a couple of posts because methods for the circumventing of Customs and the law was being discussed.
:puffy:
Today I had to delete an entire thread for the same reason.

Please DO NOT DISCUSS METHODS OF CIRCUMVENTING CUSTOMS, LAWS, RESTRICTIONS, TAXATION, TRANSPORTATION, OR SHIPPMENT OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS ACROSS ANY BORDER, be they state or international.

Pipesmagazine.com cannot and does not condone the circumventing of any law, or the avoidance of taxation in Customs.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
Reminds me of an experience I had over 30 years ago. I went to buy my older son (then six years old) a tricycle in a local bike shop. Many retailers here (Israel) keep two books or just don't bother with receipts. After I had chosen a bike and the price had been agreed upon, I took out my checkbook. "What's that?" puzzled the store owner. After a couple of seconds, I understood where he was going. Noticing the skullcap on his head, I asked him, "Why would a believer in the commandments want to cheat the income tax authorities?" He simply smiled and said, "Look. 90% of us cheat the government because it's a sport. The other 10% because it's a mitzvah (good deed)!"

Status
Not open for further replies.