Does the YTPC Need New Blood?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hmmm, I'm not a YT fan to begin with, so I may just be misunderstanding, but are you suggesting people who don't have much experience smoking a pipe start their own programs? Who would this be geared towards? I'm barely able to watch so called experts on there, so it would be really hard for me to watch a newbie.

What sorts of things would a newbie have to offer the Pipe Community?

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Hmmm, I'm not a YT fan to begin with, so I may just be misunderstanding, but are you suggesting people who don't have much experience smoking a pipe start their own programs? Who would this be geared towards? I'm barely able to watch so called experts on there, so it would be really hard for me to watch a newbie.

What sorts of things would a newbie have to offer the Pipe Community?
The channel would be geared towards the new piper. They can watch the elders on their but if it comes fresh from a newbie smoker, a step or 2 ahead of them in mistakes and learning process, it may open them up and enjoy. I can also use my influence the the podcasting community to get the art of pipe smoking out there even more so... like interviewing blender, business owners, content creators etc.. I can simply use my large audience to discover pipe smoking..

TimeKiller

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Texas
I have a successful podcast and an up and coming YT channel so I was thinking I may start another YT channel based solely on pipe smoking from a beginner's perspective. Then I thought that the YTPC is already flooded so why bother? Your thoughts?...
It's pretty difficult to advise people to pour resources into something like a YT channel that focuses on tobacco related things. There is no security in the future of such efforts. For the people already invested, yea it makes more sense, but I feel like certain channels are living under a massive guillotine and they never know if/when it will fall and just completely wipe out all their work.

You will just wake up on day and everything will be gone. No warning, no explanation, no apology. This has already happened to so many people on YT, even people doing completely innocent things, family channels, etc. You're just completely at the mercy of the arbitrary and reactionary whims of their staff and ever changing policy. You can't plan out years on a platform where the policy changes every few months.

With the rise and increasing enforcement of COPA and pushes to repeal Section 230, I just feel like it's a ticking time bomb, and especially if the channel will focus on helping new smokers. YT has already signaled that their future plans are premium paid content and NOT user content. They sent up the warning flair, but it'll never stop the desire to be "youtube famous". lol

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
It's pretty difficult to advise people to pour resources into something like a YT channel that focuses on tobacco related things. There is no security in the future of such efforts. For the people already invested, yea it makes more sense, but I feel like certain channels are living under a massive guillotine and they never know if/when it will fall and just completely wipe out all their work.

You will just wake up on day and everything will be gone. No warning, no explanation, no apology. This has already happened to so many people on YT, even people doing completely innocent things, family channels, etc. You're just completely at the mercy of the arbitrary and reactionary whims of their staff and ever changing policy. You can't plan out years on a platform where the policy changes every few months.

With the rise and increasing enforcement of COPA and pushes to repeal Section 230, I just feel like it's a ticking time bomb, and especially if the channel will focus on helping new smokers. YT has already signaled that their future plans are premium paid content and NOT user content. They sent up the warning flair, but it'll never stop the desire to be "youtube famous". lol
I do agree that YT is really cracking down on channels especially the prepping/bushcrafting community that I have been a part of for many years. There are also other platforms like Bitchute, Odysee, Lbry, etc.. that many are on and so am I. In addition, some tobacco businesses are shifting to FB lives etc.. With an already successful podcast and being within the occult community for decades, I do have influence that can bring many into the art of pipe smoking. The goal is to boost up pipe smoking. In the end, it is all about the money and any platform, video or audio, will jump on the moving waves.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Starting up on Tic Toc is probably safer.
I do not own a cell phone nor will I ever so TikTok and Instagram is a no go. I already have a thriving YT channel but no tobacco related stuff on it. I was going to use my podcasting and community influence to start another YT channel and try to help revive the art of smoking a pipe.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I have a successful podcast and an up and coming YT channel so I was thinking I may start another YT channel based solely on pipe smoking from a beginner's perspective. Then I thought that the YTPC is already flooded so why bother? Your thoughts?...
You do!? I've never heard of you:rolleyes:nnnn
I all seriousness though - what is your channel/podcast? where at?
I never enjoyed YTPC - I like it better here - granted Matches, George Bruno, Mutton, Mike from Briar Blues, and the big buy in his garage, the other guy in his woodshop, the zen dude who does the zoom chats, and finally that other dude from the south that runs that tobacco shop - guess I do enjoy YTPC hahahrotf

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
You do!? I've never heard of you:rolleyes:nnnn
I all seriousness though - what is your channel/podcast? where at?
I never enjoyed YTPC - I like it better here - granted Matches, George Bruno, Mutton, Mike from Briar Blues, and the big buy in his garage, the other guy in his woodshop, the zen dude who does the zoom chats, and finally that other dude from the south that runs that tobacco shop - guess I do enjoy YTPC hahahrotf
My podcast is called Flatline 2 Beatline as is a business podcast with an edge. I interview fellow Pagan, Witch, Satanist and Luciferians who are business owners, authors, artists, musicians and/or content creators and help them get their names out there. It is the only of its kind bc I do not focus on the popular people but those who are unknown or have a small audience. I also co-host a live stream called Hail & Horns.