Does Pipemagazine.com Get a Green Shield???

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
https://www.rt.com/news/449530-newsguard-edge-browser-media-integrated/
I saw this and The first thing I thought: Does Pipesmagazine get a green shield for reporting Pipe and Pipe tobacco News accurately? :mrgreen:
You have to know at this point Microsoft is irrelevant.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I will not comment.

I will not comment.

I will not comment...
But I have to ask, what is Microsoft's criteria for determining if something is "fake news".

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I ASSume that domestically produced content is first and foremost. Much of the disruptors are outside the US trying (and in some cases succeeding) to create chaos.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
pipes magazine doesn't get a green shield, they get two thumbs up with a tweeissst...
hqdefault.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Never mind Microsoft, be skeptical. If you agree with it whole heartedly and it makes your heart pump faster, be really skeptical.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
what is Microsoft's criteria for determining if something is "fake news".
Usually it's something the oligarchy doesn't want you to know about or understand.
Don't try to peak behind the curtain...just be content with your sports and sitcoms.
If you must have "news", just be content with the official narratives and everything will be ok.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
It's right in the article: anything that's not left-wing.
And it's not just Micro$oft: but Crapple too.
The article does nearly say exactly that:
"Among the green-rated websites: Voice of America, CNN, Buzzfeed, the Guardian, New York Times and the Washington Post, as well as left-leaning upstarts such as Vice News and Refinery 29. Ones that are given the red warning label of “failing to maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability”: RT and Sputnik (obviously enough) and the right-wing Daily Mail, Breitbart and the Drudge Report, in addition to hundreds of other non-mainstream news websites such as Wikileaks."
Buzzfeed and New York Times as reliable news sources? I'm sure NYT was reliable once upon a time, but most of its content today is in the opinion-editorial format, which seems to be the modern standard for "journalism" across the board. As for Buzzfeed, it's just sensational click-bait type of site.
Usually it's something the oligarchy doesn't want you to know about or understand.

Don't try to peak behind the curtain...just be content with your sports and sitcoms.

If you must have "news", just be content with the official narratives and everything will be ok.
+1
Though of course sports and sitcoms are becoming / have become politicized now too. It's exasperating.

Status
Not open for further replies.