PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
I often see Stokkebye, Lane, Sutliff sales, but don't recall a McClelland sale. I want to put back a bunch of their Virginia, but would like to wait if they ever come down in price. They're worth what they bring, but was just curious.

toddryan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2017
Smokingpipes had a promotion a year or so ago where I think they were on sale, and also I seem to remember a promotion if you buy a McClelland tin you got a free sample of something from bulk. I believe that's how I got my McClelland 2000

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
They probably sell just fine without, but I recall a sale at one point, although I cannot remember the merchant in question.

May 4, 2015
Thanks deathmetal. Super helpful. :lol:
I'm just hoping someone will PM me saying they have a pound of all of them and they don't like them and they want to sell them to me for like $30/lb. Nothing wrong with being hopeful. :wink:

toddryan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2017
@pipesmokingtom
I only have two McClelland or perhaps 3 McClelland....actually nevermind I have a few
I have:
McClelland Balkan Blue

Frog Morton Cellar

McClelland 2000 Fragrant Matured Cake

McClelland 5110 Dark English Full
Balkan and FMC are full cans but the other are bulk 1oz samples.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
if ye're lookin fo a strait Viginny, Low Country has that. Might be good fer micksin an agin

May 4, 2015
It probably is. I'm just a nut for McC Virginia, though. Undoubtedly, I'll end up with plenty of of the Low Country.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
keep a look out at Pipes and Cigars, they told me they are going to have a huge sale august 21-25. I'm sure they will be offer backordered products on sale. Hopefully free shipping at least.

Oct 7, 2016
In mid to late June, Pipes and Cigars had a 25% off flash sale sitewide. I ordered six pounds total of 2015, 2025 and 2035. Only one pound has been delivered, the rest is on backorder. That is moderately acceptable. It would be nice to have the tobacco, but the only one I don't have a pre existing stock of is 2035. That is the best deal I have seen.
Could the PA floor tax have something to do with the timing of their restocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.