PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Neil's bags are very nice IMO. I've not used mine this year because....I haven't gone anywhere due to the pandemic!

My 2/4 standard bag is not too heavy in terms of weight, but it is heavy leather - very very durable - beautiful and functional and it is super protection for the pipes. I also have some of his leather pipe cleaner holders - have used them for 20 years too. It used to be very hard to find items like this - now I see more on etsy and other places like that - but I'll bet a nickel that they are not individually hand-made by an artisan like Neil. If I ever needed another bag I'd go back and buy another from him.

I wonder if Neil ever visits here?

The bag that bayareabriar has is not an inexpensive one; they go for around $500. And they will never wear out. If you got it used - which I imagine you did because you didn't know the maker - may I ask what it cost you?

Years back I also got a 6-pipe Wess Design rollup. Still have it - like new.

Marvelous kit both of them. Enjoy yours !

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Neil's bags are very nice IMO. I've not used mine this year because....I haven't gone anywhere due to the pandemic!

My 2/4 standard bag is not too heavy in terms of weight, but it is heavy leather - very very durable - beautiful and functional and it is super protection for the pipes. I also have some of his leather pipe cleaner holders - have used them for 20 years too. It used to be very hard to find items like this - now I see more on etsy and other places like that - but I'll bet a nickel that they are not individually hand-made by an artisan like Neil. If I ever needed another bag I'd go back and buy another from him.

I wonder if Neil ever visits here?

The bag that bayareabriar has is not an inexpensive one; they go for around $500. And they will never wear out. If you got it used - which I imagine you did because you didn't know the maker - may I ask what it cost you?

Years back I also got a 6-pipe Wess Design rollup. Still have it - like new.

Marvelous kit both of them. Enjoy yours !
Thank you for all the info on it. I got it for $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.