PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I stumbled across a 100 oz tin of Frog Morton so I bought it. Just wondering if there is a way to tell how old it is like there is for a Dunhill tin. Anyone know?

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
If I were to date a tin of Frog Morton, I would start with picking a nice setting, maybe a swamp or a pond where there were lots of flies. Then I'd try to steer the conversation in a direction where Frog could get a chance to talk freely about whatever Frog likes to talk about. If that all works out, who knows, does one pop the lid on a first date?

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
A post from two years ago had this to say:
I bought some dusty Frog Morton yesterday with the date 450211. I know this means 45 (Blend) 02 (Batch) 11 (Year).
I just acquired a tin and my two ending numbers are 17, so I assume mine is from last year.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The last two digits of the six digit number on the tin bottom is the year. This is true for most McClelland tins, unless there are four digits, then that is the year.

Mike S.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
First, thanks for the hilarious response. I was thinking of something along the same lines as I typed and had a good laugh reading the response.
Second, thanks for the information response. The bottom of my time says 452411. Now I know it's from 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.