PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
The Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club is proud to announce the awarding of the 2016 Doctors of Pipes at the Chicago Pipe Show:
Eugene Umberger (Hobby)
Chuck Stanion (Industry)
Both of these gentlemen are highly qualified for this honor, and both will be a great addition to the CPCC Doctor of Pipes Program.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Craig can fill us in on the official stuff but in the meantime... Gene is a good friend and I was proud to be sitting with him along with Dr. Fred Janusek when he was awarded the Doctorate at the Cigar Dinner.
Gene is a soft spoken student of tobacciana living in Green Bay Wisconsin. He wrote the book Tobacco and Its Use: A Bibliography of the Periodical Literature. The book is out in an expanded 2nd edition and available from Ben Rapaport's Antiquarian Tobaccoiana Catalog (Ben just sent out the latest issue PM me if you would like me to forward you a copy).
Gene is the retired curator of The Neville Public Museum in GB. He was a good friend of the late great Tom Dunn founder of TUCOPS (my avatar). He's a great guy and a lot of fun to hang out with. We always sit together with the MKE gang at the Friday and Saturday dinners at the show. 8O

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Gene and Chuck are both long time customers of mine, so, I fee extra excited about their DOP awards. And, they are two of the finest gentlemen you could ever meet in this hobby, which is loaded with fine Ladies and Gentlemen.
Congrats to Chuck and Gene!

Status
Not open for further replies.