New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am subscribed to a Categories on this Forum. A couple of them are the Tobacco for Sale and Pipes for Sale sections. Every time someone puts up a new thread I get an email sent to me. In the body of the email is all the pertinent info and I can read it to see if I am interested without even jumping to the Forum to check it out. As a side note, I am pretty much done with acquiring unobtainium tobaccos and I have more pipes than I know what to do with so I really don't pay that much attention these days.

I'll bet I get at least 2-3 emails per week letting me know something new just got posted in one of the For Sale sections that don't exist when I jump on the forum to take a closer look. Obviously the poster did not meet the criteria and the post was deleted. I believe some of these are innocent mistakes. Others I see, I think are not. Like the posts for 40 different McClelland's or other blends being offered over the 10 limit. Or worse; the message is not even related to tobacco or pipes.

2 Part Question:
  • Do you think the posters know that their posting is being emailed out to subscribers before being removed by Management, thus accomplishing their task of getting their items emailed out and that's why they do it? A sort of hit and run scenario, just playing the numbers game..
  • To those of you that get force fed emails because you subscribed, have you ever contacted and or attempted to buy what they were attempting to peddle?
I see this as a flaw that and wonder if there is some sort of filter that would pre-empt the offenders from being able to post it in the first place? At least the ones that do not meet the minimum post requirements.

This is the kind of sh*t that goes through my head on Thursday afternoons..... puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been on Forums since Hector was a pup and I've never had this experience. Knock on wood. As to what people who post surreptitiously know or don't about their behavior, I'd say it runs the gambit. Mostly, I think it is a cheap thrill, like people who double park or park in the handicap spaces to go into the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.