PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
And what does the law say about that in the country where you live? In UK it is not yet illegal to smoke and drive but any activity which impairs your ability to drive (eating, drinking, smoking, shaving etc.) is considered dangerous and if you were engaging in one of these activities and caused an accident I think you would receive a stiffer penalty....I have a feeling that in some other European countries (e.g. Germany) smoking is now banned while driving

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
america doesnt doe that. texting while driving is illegal. smoking eating and talking on your phone arent. now things like being on your laptop and reading a book are illegal. and yes i have seen people doing that

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I certainly do scotrob. I do make every effort to be sensible about it. Lighting and using a tamper while moving sure. Actually loading a bowl only when stopped.
I would hate to see the precedent of smoking being banned while driving set, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Already banned in Germany perhaps? sad sad sad

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
No. I do not want an air bag going off in my face with a pipe in my mouth. I enjoy driving a bit aggressive but attentively in my six speed. I can’t enjoy a pipe while driving as I do because one enjoyment would take away from the other and could also be fatal.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
It would be more correct for me to say that I drive while I smoke, I think.
Up here in British Columbia; cell phones are restricted to hands-free, distractions (eating, shaving, makeup, GPS/CarPC) warrant a ticket, and if your caught smoking with a minor in the vehicle, its an offense. Its also technically an offense to smoke in a work vehicle, although I've never heard of the police coming down on anyone for that (employers, on the other hand...).

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Absolutely. It takes me the better part of a week to get a new car to smell just right. I also drive a 1976 MGB and smoking a pipe with the hood lowered is a bit of an adventure. I try to remember my pipe cap when I venture out topless.

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
I enjoy smoking while driving depending how far i go i will load up a pipe or 2 or 3 so all i gotta do is light up.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Nope, just because it is the first new car I have had and I want to keep it nice and clean.
In California cell phones are hands free only when driving. Not that any one follows the rules though. Kind of pisses me off to tell you the truth. Two kids at my sons school were hit in the cross walk along with the crossing guard by some woman talking on her iPhone two weeks ago. The bitch was angry they made her wait for the police to show up because she would be late for work. I'm just glad I was not there to witness it or have my son witness his daddy's temper unleashed on that woman. The good news is the kids were only bruised up pretty bad and no bones were broken or worse.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I'm not good at multi-tasking and I don't want any distractions when I'm smoking.
I can smoke and watch the sunset at the same time --- that's about it.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
by myself or with mother in law i smoke when driving my truck, (no airbag).

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You're damn right I smoke while I drive!
I'm sure i will become illegal soon here in texas because we AS ADULTS also have to have a seatbelt on at all times or it's a ticket. I wear my seatbelt all the time regardless, but the fact that someone makes something that doesn't affect anyone else MANDITORY is stupidity at its finest. :crazy:
Minors are a diff discussion.
But, back on topic, I don't tamp and I don't relight unless i'm at a stop light. Because to me that's as distracting as texting. If I have to take my eyes off the road then I tend not to try to do it while driving. But I can sure as hell puff away and watch the road no problemo. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.