Do you Smoke Right handed or Left handed?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Maybe we can just have a forum called "The Eagle and Child" or "The Bird and Baby." Had a nice meal in that pub in October, 2018. Nostalgia has never been so thick.

I made my pilgrimage in July of 2017. Fish and Chips, and West Berkshire Brewery's Good Old Boy Best Bitter.

I think I was re-reading The Cosmic Trilogy at the time.

Also took a walk about Magdalen College.

In speaking of this desire for our own far off country, which we find in ourselves even now, I feel a certain shyness. I am almost committing an indecency. I am trying to rip open the inconsolable secret in each one of you—the secret which hurts so much that you take your revenge on it by calling it names like Nostalgia...Our commonest expedient is to call it beauty and behave as if that had settled the matter. Wordsworth’s expedient was to identify it with certain moments in his own past. But all this is a cheat. If Wordsworth had gone back to those moments in the past, he would not have found the thing itself, but only the reminder of it; what he remembered would turn out to be itself a remembering. The books or the music in which we thought the beauty was located will betray us if we trust to them; it was not in them, it only came through them, and what came through them was longing. These things—the beauty, the memory of our own past—are good images of what we really desire; but if they are mistaken for the thing itself they turn into dumb idols, breaking the hearts of their worshipers. For they are not the thing itself; they are only the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have never yet visited.

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
I do shift, but smoke predominantly left handed. Even though I am right handed. I fish left handed as well.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I'm sure it was so familiar he just forgot the pipe:

“the sun looks down on nothing half so good as a household laughing together over a meal, or two friends talking over a pint of beer, or a man alone reading a book that interests him...”
― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
I prefer to have my pipe smoked with no hands. Maybe just me, but, it’s a feeling thing more than a smoking thing. ?‍♂️

crapgame

Lurker
Dec 10, 2015
When at home I smoke right handed when I am hunting,fishing ,taking part in shooting sports or at the range I shoot left handed to accommodate my right hand being used for reeling in a fish, or to keep the pipe out if the way when I have my firearm in shooting position.

billnc

Lurker
Jul 3, 2016
I am right handed but hold my pipe with my left and typically clench on the left too. Which is interesting being that I am very dominant on the right side.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I’m right handed but I like to hold the pipe in my left hand and light with the right hand. I never really noticed that I tend to hold the pipe in my left hand till this thread had me paying attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.