Do you Smoke Right handed or Left handed?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
Louisiana
Please capitalize important words only. Edited.

That's probably a dumb question. I only smoke while sitting and so I don't clinch. While I am right hand dominant, I mostly smoke left handed. Why? I have discovered that I taste better with the left side of my tongue. Am I alone in that oddity?

Last edited by a moderator:

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I don't clench too often. Depending on what I'm doing, I use my right or left hand. I tend to switch back and forth a lot while I'm sitting. If I'm standing and doing something, I tend to use my left hand so that my dominate right hand is free.

Reactions: JOHN72 and chopper

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I’m a dedicated left handed human. I’m not one of the weirdo ambidextrous types, although it’s 2021 and we’re not supposed to talk about that.

Having said that, my pipe hangs out of the right side of my skull 95% of the time.

I light and tamp with my left hand because I don’t want to light myself on fire or poke my eyes out.

This bring to mind how awkward it is when you are in a slow smoking contest that says that you can only tamp while the pipe is in your clench. I don't understand why some contests do that, but it is the most unnatural way to tamp ever.
Thankfully most of these contests use an aromatic, so that keeps me uninterested to try them again. no prize is worth having to suffer through a bowl of 1Q, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.