Votes: 34 28.3%
  • About Evenly Split

Votes: 13 10.8%

• Total voters

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Not inside the house. I live on a small farm in the rural part of the city. So out and about outside, mostly sitting in my seed house or porch. In the car I do though when I got deliveries to run.

Reactions: Servant King

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
I smoke out on my porch and also inside but inside smoking was put on hold while we had our house on the market. We are temporarily moving to an apartment until we can find our next place and there is no smoking inside or within 25 feet of the building, so it will be a challenge for me. I may smoke on my son’s patio until the weather gets too cold. He does have an old couch in his garage. Hmmm….

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Yep, not inside the house unless I’m quickly cutting through, or in the laundry/back door.
Mainly on my front patio as per my avatar, which faces west and has a good view of surrounding hills when standing.
Smoked in my car once, now my aircon stinks..
If I smoke in public it’s always outdoors anyways, so the weather has a fair say in how much I smoke like a lot of you guys as well.
Saying that I can and do go without smoking for weeks, some times a month or two without a bowl if it is a bull shittingly hot summer, which is usually every summer out my way.

Reactions: Latakia Dave

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I usually smoke outside or in the garage/workshop at home. I am allowed to smoke in the den but that has been revoked while my wife is pregnant.

If I'm going to a bar/pub that has an outdoor area I almost always bring a pipe. Would love to smoke inside but that appears to be a thing of the past.

Congratulations on your anticipated new addition to the family!

I used to always give guys here a bit of a hard time about the "my wife won't let me smoke in the house" thing. Yet, now my wife is pregnant, and I have now banned myself from smoking in the house, at least for the time being.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I have never smoked inside my home or car. Have you seen what tobacco smoke can do to the interior of your House and car? Ruins everything!

IMO, this whole thing is much overstated, at least as it applies to pipes. For people who routinely smoke a bunch of cigarettes in their house without any ventilation, sure. Same for cigars too. However, the quantity of smoke from a pipe (an the resultant impact of that smoke) is really comparatively miniscule unless you puff like a freight train heading to tongue burn hell.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
If I am there, I’m smoking.

When we had a new section added to the house, my wife designed herself a bathroom with a fancy hot tub. She told me I couldn’t smoke in there, amd I just nodded in acknowledgment.
Then she asked me to adjust her shower door, so I told her that I’d do it when I wasn’t smoking my pipe.
She sighed… “but, you’re always smoking a pipe.”
I said, “yep.”
Now you’ll find me smoking in the hot tub at the end of a long day in the fields. puffy

Follow me for more marriage tips and techniques.
Me, too! Except the shower door--hilarious! You crack me up!!
kindly
mike

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

scout19d3

Can't Leave
Jul 6, 2021
Katy, TX USA
I've always smoked outside, predominantly on my back porch. This year was no different until roughly the 1st of August, then I move to my upstairs and will stay until it cools down again, probably mid to late September. Cool is relative - I live in Katy, TX on the west side of Houston. Anyone who has in the past or still lives on the Texas Gulf Coast will relate to the sticky and sometimes oppressively humid weather this time of year. My wife actually encouraged me to move in doors a few weeks ago.
I put a LEVOIT Air Purifier - $190 - in my office upstairs and it easily exchanges enough air to eliminate the smoke and prevents it from moving downstairs.
I also see that as of today the cost has gone up $30 since I bought it barely 3x weeks ago! Good timing, I guess

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I smoke inside. I have a Conair filter that works well and I ozoniate once a month. I smoke outside wherever I want. And I smoke all the time in my car. The ozone machine does the trick there too. Even if I couldn’t kill the smell, I would smoke where I like. Life’s too short and winters are too long…

pip01

Apr 3, 2018
NJ
Outside when the weather is nice or the garage. Never in the house.

Dudditz

Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
Inside and out. Actually blessed with a wife who likes the smell of latakia...Her grandfather smoked a pipe all over the place so, my pipe funk is the source of good memories.