108 Fresh Brulor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Do you smoke for a nic-hit?

• Yes, of course.

• Yes, who else is going to smoke all this?

• No, I enjoy the hobby.

• No, I'm relaxing.

• No, I like having something to fiddle with while I work.

• No, just no.

• I don't know.

• I don't care, I just want to see the results.

• Other (see below)

• Sometimes (see details below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, sometimes I just smoke for the flavor and because it helps me concentrate, and sometimes the extra Nic is just icing on the cake.

Reactions: Pipelady20

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How has this thread escaped my posting? I'm not much of a nicotine hound. I never pack a blend for a nic hit. When the occasional buzz comes along, I can enjoy it, but don't crave it. When I layoff smoking for a while, there is no withdrawal. My dad was an after breakfast to bedtime pipe smoker (Granger); my mom never bought a pack of cigarettes that didn't go stale -- no nic habit at all. So I guess I got my mom's nicotine gene, while I imprinted on the ritual and fragrance of my dad's habit.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
How has this thread escaped my posting? I'm not much of a nicotine hound. I never pack a blend for a nic hit. When the occasional buzz comes along, I can enjoy it, but don't crave it. When I layoff smoking for a while, there is no withdrawal. My dad was an after breakfast to bedtime pipe smoker (Granger); my mom never bought a pack of cigarettes that didn't go stale -- no nic habit at all. So I guess I got my mom's nicotine gene, while I imprinted on the ritual and fragrance of my dad's habit.
Mso, I have also noticed that I don't have withdrawal if I go a few days without smoking. I remember when I tried cigarettes years ago for only a few weeks, wasn't a fan so I stopped, and boy....i had withdrawal for about a day. My hat goes off for those who quit after years! It was painful. Not because I wanted to smoke but because of what it did to my body (headaches, headaches, headaches!)

Dimitri

Lurker
Jul 2, 2020
St. Helens, England

Its true, we are all wired up differently.
Me and my sister started quiting cigarettes at the same time and she found it much much harder than I did.
I wasnt smoking my pipe at the time as I wanted to go "cold turkey" and I was still able to come out the other end alot quicker and unscathed.

I believe she still has cravings for ciggarettes to this day, whereas I am completely free from nicotine and can go for weeks without a smoke when the time isnt right

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I really enjoyed this thread. I am n the no nicotine camp. I have a few “blends” that either contain no nicotine (no tobacco at all) or very very low (almost nonexistent) nicotine content. I smoke and enjoy those blends too and wish there was no nicotine in tobacco at all. I also smoke blends that are heavy in nicotine like SG ropes but only occasionally. I can enjoy “some” nicotine but rarely seek it out or smoke a pipe with that being the main goal or intention.
I liked reading about the lack of withdrawals too. When I go without a pipe for a day or multiple days it doesn’t bother me and I rarely even think about it. That is a nice feeling, knowing that I am not chained to my pipe.

“It’s ok to have an opinion, it’s not ok to tell me what mine should be”-unknown Facebook meme.

Last edited:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yes, of course.

I've consumed nicotine for 38 of my 51 years.

I'm no longer "beholden" to it like I was during the cigarette days, but I can't deny my enjoyment of it.

I smoke at will on the weekends, but I am relatively smoke free from midnight until 5pm on work days.

View attachment 34742
I’m with Jay on this one. I constantly have nicotine flowing through these veins of mine. I’ve been trying to quit dipping ever since I started over 25 years ago (prob 26 or 27 years now). My goal is to give up the dipping and go to pipes exclusively but that’s hard to do cause you can dip anywhere! I just love... I mean LOVE nicotine!

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Not chasing the Nic-Hit here. Smoked cigarettes for a couple of years in my early 20's. Don't miss it at all as I never loved it. Pipes and Cigars satisfy in a way that cigarettes never did for me.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I’m with Jay on this one. I constantly have nicotine flowing through these veins of mine.
Yep, I'm in that camp also. No dip for me though. Had a chunk cut out and burned off in my lower palette 10 years ago. Still see an oral surgeon every 6 months to make sure it's not coming back as it still is shaky. NO hurry to go through that again... ;)

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yep, I'm in that camp also. No dip for me though. Had a chunk cut out and burned off in my lower palette 10 years ago. Still see an oral surgeon every 6 months to make sure it's not coming back as it still is shaky. NO hurry to go through that again... ;)
Makes me want to quit all the more! Although my dentist keeps telling me my mouth looks fine, I worry that it’s going to eventually catch up with me.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I generally don't smoke with vitamin N in mind. That said, many of the fuller bodied blends that I enjoy because they are fuller flavored can pack a punch. I've found that if I have a couple of bowls of a perique heavy VaPer, for instance, I definitely feel it, and not in a good way. I don't necessarily get the sweats or hiccups, but I'll feel restless and anxious, and that reminds me that at its core, nicotine is a stimulant.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have always smoked for the flavor. If I get any nicotine I never notice and don't care .

I totally agree with this. I think of it all as flavors. When I describe tobaccos to my friends I liken them to foods.

I don't really smoke enough to say that pipe smoking dominates my relaxation times. It is just one fun way to relax.

Same with booze. I have tons of booze and tobacco, but only use them occasionally.