Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Do you smoke for a nic-hit?

• Yes, of course.

• Yes, who else is going to smoke all this?

• No, I enjoy the hobby.

• No, I'm relaxing.

• No, I like having something to fiddle with while I work.

• No, just no.

• I don't know.

• I don't care, I just want to see the results.

• Other (see below)

• Sometimes (see details below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Sometimes, especially on road trips and while reading/studying. I really do enjoy the hobby, collecting, growing, blending, and woodwork aspects also, but I have to admit I started pipe smoking because nicotine is a stimulating psychoactive and nootropic substance.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
for me it seems to mostly be about examining all the flavors on the retrohale as the bowl progresses ...oddly, I don't think I usually feel the nicotine almost at all. I smoke mild to medium blends as slowly as possible, typically.

I will say, C&D After Hours Flake is super tasty but gives me a firm reminder of the nicotine factor when I smoke it.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Yes, of course.

I've consumed nicotine for 38 of my 51 years.

I'm no longer "beholden" to it like I was during the cigarette days, but I can't deny my enjoyment of it.

I smoke at will on the weekends, but I am relatively smoke free from midnight until 5pm on work days.

1593396904715.jpeg

What is a Nic - Hit?
I enjoy Nicotine and sometimes I would seek out strong blends. Other times, I am perfectly content with a mild blend.

Most people define Nic-Hit as Nicotine poisoning. Never had it with a pipe/ cigar but when I started with cigarettes many years ago, had a couple of times that lasted 5-10 mins, and was extremely unpleasant. I don’t seek that out.

If I am smoking a very strong blend, I would get close to that dreaded Nic-Hit, but my body forces me to slow down or put down the pipe altogether.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Without the flavours I wouldn't bother with a pipe.

That is the issue for me. I do like and desire the nicotine...it's not unpleasant at all for me, but it's certainly not why I smoke a pipe.

If I only wanted the nicotine, pipe smoking would be my last choice of types of tobacco consumption...chew or cigars are both much more convenient than pipe smoking. Everything related to pipe smoking would be a giant pain in the ass if it was only for the nicotine...not worth the hassle to me.

The only thing that makes the inconveniences and time consuming aspects of pipe smoking worth it for me is a quality of flavor and aromas that I cannot get with chew or cigs...or even with cigars (especially not as inexpensively).

But yes, I do also desire the nicotine...it's not an either/or issue.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Not all of us. Do not generalise. Whenever I feel the nicotine it's ALWAYS unpleasant. Without the flavours I wouldn't bother with a pipe.

There would be no pipes to smoke without nicotine.. everyone's not in it for a nicotine buzz, but everyone who smokes tobacco is consuming nicotine.

The easiest way to avoid nicotine is to not smoke tobacco..

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I used go after the nicotine and in doing so built up quite a tolerance. Now I just enjoy the smoke. It’s hard for me to feel the effects of nicotine now unless I over do it.