Do You Smoke Entire Bowl At Once, Or Sessions?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Do you always finish your entire bowl, or not?

• I always finish an entire bowl in one session

Votes: 51 50.5%
  • I never finish an entire bowl in one session

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

Votes: 39 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
For me it varies by the day. Sometimes I smoke the entire bowl but even just yesterday, I smoked a bowl with a break in the middle as I was cleaning the truck

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
A little of both. While doing chores I'll pull my pipe out for a few puffs, I usually keep one in the front pocket of my work shirt/jacket with a windcap rubber banded on. At night I like to smoke an entire bowl.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I smoke infrequently enough that a partially smoked bowl would just sit around smelling up the place. If I don't finish the bowl it all just gets dumped

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
never seem to finish the entire bowl. but last few days, i'm finding very little tobacco's left in the bowl after first session. more than likely i'm smoking through the mid bowl since that's the yummy part.

I'm not sure what a session is. I sometimes set my pipe down to eat, and then pick it back up to continue. Or, while driving, I will leave the pipe in the truck's pipe rest to fill the tank up with gas or go to the restroom. Or, when I walk into the grocery store, I will put the pipe in my shirt pocket to shop, and then continue afterwards. Is this the same as an incomplete session?

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I'm not sure what a session is. I sometimes set my pipe down to eat, and then pick it back up to continue. Or, while driving, I will leave the pipe in the truck's pipe rest to fill the tank up with gas or go to the restroom. Or, when I walk into the grocery store, I will put the pipe in my shirt pocket to shop, and then continue afterwards. Is this the same as an incomplete session?
I would call those minor interruptions. Now, in my opinion, if you start a bowl and then sit it down and come back to it an hour later, that would be a new session. But, that's just me.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Finish it down to the last cinder. Sometimes i take the bowl size of the particular pipe into account and sometimes given bowl size and tobacco strength i pack a half a bowl,. but i always finish the entire thing.

Wouldnt even think of letting a partially smoked bowl of tobacco sit in a pipe if i cared about it, might ruin the cake.

• Wow
Reactions: rushx9

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wide variation on this, for me. I most enjoy doing the whole bowl in a meditative stretch, or while I'm busying around on some chore or project, but I often smoke intermittently, over an hour or two, or even over two days, late in the evening and then picking up the next morning or next day. This is of necessity, not preference, but sometimes having a pipe all packed, and maybe partly smoked, is a real convenience. It doesn't diminish the experience, even if it shortens it.

Status
Not open for further replies.