Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If I can't recall the contents, I always look them up.
If it's a newish to me blend, I'll look for a review or two as I smoke it to compare, especially if our good friend Bradley has reviewed it.
jay-roger.jpg

I think that ultimately, we I cannot just look for whatever is listed while smoking. It is something that crosses my mind, but I try to just focus on how the blend tastes over all. I just try to appreciate it for what it is. But try as I might, i inevitably get hung up on a hint of burley or maybe licorice in the casing.

And, skimming the reviews triggers my OCD. I end up wasting hours of research on components, cuts, etc... Then the car behind me starts honking and shaking their fists in the air. :puffy:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
...and then the pipe cops get involved. Now, we get "the rest of the story", as Paul Harvey would say! :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cosmic, absolutely, the proof is in the smoking. I'll believe my taste and smell before the small print, but I like to know what the blender is representing, and some are more stringent than others, and some are attempting to write the sacred text on their blend to the letter. On the other hand, if blender and brand get too fanciful, people will just be unhappy with the incongruity and like the tobacco less because they can't taste all or any of the ingredients. So I think there is some financial pressure to 'fess up and get it right, up to a point. Telling me that it's two burleys, red Virginia, and Perique isn't very specific (and that's an understatement).

Status
Not open for further replies.