PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Unfortunately I don't like to smoke half bowls, 5 minute pipes, and compromises of the sort. Yet, lately I have been so short on time, that I prefer a 15 minute smoking session than not at all.

Jan 8, 2013
While I agree that it is not the preferred way to enjoy a pipe, there are times when there isn't time. I keep a Missouri Meerschaum Pony Express with me for when I want a short smoke.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Mostly when I am trying to keep up with cigarette smokers and I got a pipe...

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I like a good long smoke while reading, however I have a clay pipe I use almost every day and that lasts no longer than 15 minutes.

I was just thinking if I only had one tobacco to smoke ahead then it would be what I put in that clay pipe.

E A Carey's Desert Island Mix (previously name Mixed Coconut before the smoking police brought in yet new restrictions)

So to answer your question yes a 10 - 15 minute smoke is fine by me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It's just fine. Often with a good size bowl full I'll get called away or distracted after ten or fifteen minutes, and leave it partially smoked. It's sometimes even better when I return a half hour, two hours, a day even, later.

bedollae

Lurker
Jul 31, 2017
I've just started my pipe smoking journey so any time I can get I'll gladly take. At work I have no problem using my 15 minutes down time to enjoy a smoke.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'd suggest smoking your pipe however you wish. If you do not like a short bowl, don't do it. If you prefer long, contemplative bowls, do that. I've always considered the pipe to be something I enjoy on my own terms. I'm not here for the pipe! The pipe is here for me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sure, if 15 minutes is what you have, and you'd like a smoke. Like the above post says, you can smoke in installments, over a day or two, no big deal. Sure, I prefer a leisurely smoke, but sometimes a short puff is pleasing.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Of course, 15 minutes is better than nothing at all, yet as the undersigned, its that for why I do have smaller bowl pipes and even with these I don't always fill them up but only half,naturally when am going this way I feel they tend to smoke hotter&wetter

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
15 minutes? All depends. I smoke outside. The temperature can get to 115 degrees...and stay there. Sometimes I am happy with 5 minutes.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
If I only had 15 minutes I would opt to not smoke. 45 minutes is about the minimum for me. I've been cut short before, only getting about 30 minutes in and just hitting the sweet spot before getting interrupted. I felt cheated and grumpy!

Status
Not open for further replies.